Favourite end of the world movie.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defiance was another that got cut before it’s time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but a VERY VERY good ending non the less, the propulation system on that spaceship was brilliant in being actually feasable in theory. Controlled nuclear explosions to power a space ship,

I'm surprised no one mentioned The Stand by Stephen King.

The book was awesome, the mini series was so-so.

The original version of the book was published in 1979, and it made me wonder if King is, indeed, somewhat psychic...or, more likely, the magic of strange coincidences.

In the original version of his book, he descibes the Captain Tripps flu as a "shifting antigen" virus, which "makes a vaccine almost impossible" because the disease will shift into a slightly different form until it wears the body down.

This is, indeed, what the AIDS virus does...and an AIDS vaccine has been almost impossible for the same reasons that King describes.

It even turns out that perhaps one person in 2,000 is actually immune (or highly resistant) to HIV because of a recessive trait with the CD4 receptor sites on the white blood cells, and this is roughly the ratio of immune plague survivors in his book.

The similarities are creepy.

The book was published two years before the epidemic was even noticed.

This situation reminds me of the author who wrote a novel about the sinking of the Titanic over a decade before the Titanic was even built.

The name of the novel was Futility, and he even named his fictional ship The Titan. The measurements of the fictional boat were roughly the same as the Titanic, and there were many more similarities.

Coincidence can, indeed, be creepy.

Last edited:
Two movies that are good for preppers to watch and discuss that are freely available on YT. Both shows have a prepper family in the mix, and it actually ends badly for them.
They are must watch documentaries on what one can expect when the lights go out....

Britain Blackout 2013 Documentary

AMERICAN BLACKOUT - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC (FULL MOVIE) CYBER ATTACK

Thanks for the links. I just watched the Britain one. Quite entertaining and believable scenarios. One thing maybe missing is that there was no help from the international community. I would have thought other countries would have sent at least food aid.

Thanks for the links. I just watched the Britain one. Quite entertaining and believable scenarios. One thing maybe missing is that there was no help from the international community. I would have thought other countries would have sent at least food aid.
you gotta be joking, we send millions in foreign aid but if the position were reversed we'd get nothing.

Prepping lessons from the best SHTF movie in years - Survival Family (2017)
Good movie - just watched it - there is a link in the comment on the YT vid.

Last edited:
If it is the same American movie I saw, our allies helped bail us out.

"Allies"?? I had a good giggle about that.
I think at the moment apart from maybe Israel , most if not all of the world if not hates then dislikes the policies of the USA.

"Allies"?? I had a good giggle about that.
I think at the moment apart from maybe Israel , most if not all of the world if not hates then dislikes the policies of the USA.
Remember this was filmed a while back....I will have to check how old, but I saw it at least a year ago.... 2013 is what IMDb says.

you gotta be joking, we send millions in foreign aid but if the position were reversed we'd get nothing.

We in the US feel the same way, we donate more food for aid than practically all the countries combined and yet we expect if the situation were reversed we would get shit on :-/

http://m.wfp.org/funding/year/2015

Latest posts

Back