COVID-19 in The USA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5P32clA.png

Dr Henley, what do you think about the CDC quietly lowering the number of people dying from COVID-19 to a lot lower number? Did you see my post on that?
What do I think about it? I don't use the CDC's numbers, and never have, that's what I think about it! LOL

This was a rather long post that succinctly explained what the 6% really means
🦠 Several times today, I’ve seen smart people who I care about - and a few influencers with large platforms - sharing a version of this (inaccurate) claim:

“𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝔻ℂ 𝕦𝕡𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕕 𝕟𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕒𝕕𝕞𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝟞% 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝟙𝟝𝟛,𝟝𝟘𝟜 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 ℂ𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕕. 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝟡,𝟚𝟙𝟘 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕤. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝟡𝟜% 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝟚-𝟛 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕖𝕤 & 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕒𝕛𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕕𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕘𝕖.”

This is a VERY misleading interpretation of the CDC data (COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics) which, by the way, wasn’t “quietly updated” this week - it’s just only updated once per week, and it says so clearly on the website.

⏭ TLDR: Wear a mask, maintain social distance, and please remember that even during a global pandemic ✨ just because you saw it on social media doesn’t make it true ✨

⏸ For the rest of you in this for the long haul—-please know I don’t intend to spread fear; I just intend to let science guide my understanding of the virus and it’s actual impact on people’s health. I also fully intend on trying to stop or avoid the spread of misinformation about COVID-19 when I have an opportunity to because I want people to stay healthy and not be misled by poor interpretations of information or of science.

➡️ The 6% number does NOT represent people who died from COVID-19 only, nor does it mean that the other 94% had other preexisting conditions that led to COVID-19 being more deadly.
On a death certificate, they note -all- of the conditions that led to the person’s death (see the example I made here). That 6% number represents the number of people who’s death certificate ONLY listed COVID-19, because they determined that simply the presence of the virus in the body is what killed them.

As for the other 94% who’s deaths are attributed to COVID-19:

➡️ If you look at the CDC comorbidities table cited, the comorbidities listed do not mean those people all had those conditions prior to getting COVID-19. Many of those comorbidities (especially the respiratory and cardiac numbers) are direct results of *getting* the virus.

This data means that most people who die “from covid” don’t die just because they have the virus in their system—-they die because of what the virus DOES to their body while it’s in their system. Most commonly, it leads to respiratory and cardiac issues —- which is consistent in the majority of all COVID-19 patients (who recover after contracting the virus). That is why there are so often multiple things listed on the death certificate.

⏩ A little illustrative example...if somebody whacks a dude named Mitch on the head and Mitch survives for 3 days but later dies — the primary cause of death is probably listed as something like “brain hemorrhage.” But the brain hemmhorage wouldnt have happened without the blunt force trauma.
So in the same way, if someone dies of respiratory arrest after developing pneumonia after contracting COVID-19 —- the virus is the original start of the problem, and we can say they died from COVID-19, just like we’d say Mitch died because somebody whacked him on the head.
The death certificate may say brain hemorrhage killed Mitch, but that’s just a long fancy medical way to say that the whack killed the guy. “Respiratory arrest” on the death certificate next to pneumonia and COVID-19 in all likelihood means that COVID killed the person.

(And yes, being very old or having diabetes or COPD or some other condition prior to getting the virus definitely doesn’t help a COVID-19 patient’s prognosis, but that’s never really been disputed)

some comorbidities May exist before someone gets COVID-19 as I acknowledged above; comorbidities also develop *because* of COVID-19 (see Johns Hopkins link below). The CDC comorbidities table in reference here does not specify which comorbidities existed prior to the patient contracting the virus and which comoebidities developed as the disease progressed.

**all underlying conditions are comorbidities, but not all comorbidities are underlying conditions!!*

➡️ You can read more about the potentially deadly impact of the novel coronavirus on the body here:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...s/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs?amp=true
➡️ You can read more about how death certificates work in relation to COVID-19 here: How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted

From a palliative care physician, Dr. Riegel (palliative care is a specialty doctor who works with patients who are dying): “[if you apply this logic] to any other cause of death analysis, then hardly anyone “really” dies of cancer, or “really” dies as a result of a car wreck, or “really” dies as a result of heart disease. Death certificates are nuanced. I can think of maybe one that I ever completed with just one factor listed. They ask us to be specific and add more info, exactly for the purposes of data analysis and population health studies.
Dr. Bartlett’s whole blog series about COVID-19 is incredibly informative. I want to highlight in particular this post about the difference between facts and opinions: Covid-19 Series, Entry #10
TY Christi for all you do!
Other great sources of information include:
Dear Pandemic here on Facebook and @jessicamalatyrivera and @kinggutterbaby on instagram

Spanish Doctors Using Fresh Sea Air to Treat Coronavirus ICU Patients

“BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — After nearly two months of being sedated and connected to IV lines in a hospital’s intensive care unit, Francisco Espana took a moment to fill his ailing lungs with fresh air at a Barcelona beachfront.

Lying on a hospital bed at the beach promenade and surrounded by a doctor and three nurses who constantly monitored his vital signs, Espana briefly closed his eyes and absorbed as much sunshine as possible.“

1599316212071.png

“It’s one of the best days I remember,” he said.

A medical team at the Hospital del Mar — the Hospital of the Seas — is seeing if short trips to the beach just across the street can help COVID-19 patients after long and sometimes traumatic ICU stays.

Dr Judith Marín says it is part of a program to “humanize” ICUs that the group had been experimenting with for two years before the coronavirus hit Spain.

Latest posts

Back