Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to put a sad on the "zero rain" we got lucky and have had some good showers last 3 days...not constant but good drenching each shower. Really needed it so got a 3 day reprieve from watering garden n fruit trees, etc....it will likely pour like hell tomorrow since it's holiday and have plans for outside...but I won't complain.

1656931457436.jpg

We had lots of thunder today, but zero rain.

We got about half an inch yesterday afternoon. Thick mist on the mountain this morning.

As dry as it has been I expected the county to ban fireworks sales and use but they didn't. Even with the rains we have the grass is still somewhat crunchy so we watch for fires in the woods around us. We shall see. Couple years ago Mr. DD's cousin lost her house to neighborhood fireworks so we are somewhat vigilant even when it isn't dry.

We have 4th of July babies. 7 Buff Orphington chicks and 4 Khaki Campbell ducklings so far with another 6 eggs still under then hen. Busy busy lol

Hope everyone has a safe and great 4th.

Nothing says "we read all of your text messages" like suggested replies like "awesome" or "bummer" that are based on the context of that message...
Nothing says we are tracking you like Google deleting if you were near an abortion clinic. Do they delete if we were in a sporting good store? Turn off location services!

Neighbors have started fireworks and the dogs are going crazy
I have to go out and sit with the goats if fireworks start tonight. In the past I have had a couple Billie's that ran thru walls during the "booms". If I sit with them they are calmer to a point. Glad I got a 30 minute nap after work, . . and I am off tomorrow!! Hunny got to spend time down at the beach with kids and grands. He did come home early enough to grill steaks and I broiled bacon wrapped shrimp.

We had a little thunderstorm yesterday. Just enough hail to cover the ground but not enough to damage the garden. The temp dropped 30 degs in a half hour. We got .10" of rain. Not much but we seldom get even a drop of rain in July.
Today's high was in the low 60's. Now that the suns gone down its getting cold.

I have to go out and sit with the goats if fireworks start tonight. In the past I have had a couple Billie's that ran thru walls during the "booms". If I sit with them they are calmer to a point. Glad I got a 30 minute nap after work, . . and I am off tomorrow!! Hunny got to spend time down at the beach with kids and grands. He did come home early enough to grill steaks and I broiled bacon wrapped shrimp.
I was concerned about my troops last night,,,, but they paid very little attention to the noise

Latest posts

Back