Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're planing a trip up north on Friday to look at some mining equipment. They're calling for heavy snow on Friday too. I'll leave the tracked side by side down at the end of our road in case we're snowed in when we get home.
My son asked if I could stay a couple extra days and trap some beaver with him.
Take the time AD. I would love to spend the time in the woods with my son to teach him what he didn’t listen to 15yrs ago.

In my 30’s I took my father hunting with me. He shot, got a hand full of hair, and was clueless about tracking. That’s when I realized he spent all his time at the Mahogany Ridge. First and last time I took him.
I tried to break that cycle. Took my kid on his 12th birthday and put him in front of a bunch of birds 10 minutes into legal shooting time. He missed but he got to feel the hunt with a short attention span of a teenager.
The kid has been pretty successful lately. Still texts me from the tree stand, what should I do? I guide.
I know there will be a time I won’t get those texts.

Take the time AD. I would love to spend the time in the woods with my son to teach him what he didn’t listen to 15yrs ago.
When my son was growing up I would take him trapping with me. I built a cabin when he was probably 11 or 12 overlooking a small valley loaded with beaver ponds. Sometimes I'd take him with me on horseback trapping or hunting too.
Years latter I got him a job working overseas. In his first 6 month hitch he bought some land just over the ridge from where he grew up, and built a house.

What's the Mahogany Ridge?

In my 30’s I took my father hunting with me. He shot, got a hand full of hair, and was clueless about tracking. That’s when I realized he spent all his time at the Mahogany Ridge. First and last time I took him.
I tried to break that cycle. Took my kid on his 12th birthday and put him in front of a bunch of birds 10 minutes into legal shooting time. He missed but he got to feel the hunt with a short attention span of a teenager.
The kid has been pretty successful lately. Still texts me from the tree stand, what should I do? I guide.
I know there will be a time I won’t get those texts.

1678187226970.jpeg

Hunters slang. It’s a euphemism for a bar. So Doc is correct.
I'm guessing that if you are drunk enough, you could see the bar counter as a kind of ridge. And some bar counters are made of mahogony.

So, an indoor artificial ridge instead of an actual ridge in the woods where the real hunters will be.

Sorry if confused everyone with Mahogany Ridge. I thought it was like the 19th hole for Golf.
Serious hunters would refer to the people who sat for an hour hunting then went to the bar as going to the Mahogany Ridge.
My old man would get 1 every 2-3 years, I would fill my tags (3) every year

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that 98% of people are lazy or believe their entitled and etc. am discouraged with humanity as a whole :(

Not sure of the percentage, but have to admit it is too high. The true “awakening “ is coming for those folks. It will be a nightmare to them. They have “earned” it.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that 98% of people are lazy or believe their entitled and etc. am discouraged with humanity as a whole :(
Could be. But everyone that I associate with are all hard working people. Not many lazy slackers around here where I live. I imagine the the cities and high population areas are full of them though.
Also, watching too much news would make a person think the majority of people are lazy entitlement bums.

Latest posts

Back