Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father was born on the real Memorial day, Sunday. The government moved it to Monday so government slackers can get a 3 day weekend.
Actually was set up as May 31 in Waterloo. Used to camp near there as a kid. The Slacker day was Monday at Sampson Naval /Airforce/Army Depot. Waterloo always had their celebration seperate. I remember my dad doing a drive for work on Monday because Tuesday was the Holiday.

Sampson was originally a Naval sub training base because they really don’t know how deep Seneca Lake is. It became an army air corps base, then an Army Depot. (supposedly having nuclear weapons).
I know security to get in was as tough as any Max security prison I ever had to go to. Walking around Truck with mirrors, opening all the bay doors.
It has been since closed but it has a unique feature, most of the deer are Pibald. White, but not Albino.
Since the depot closed they have trying to make it a tourist attraction. Fenced in since the 40’s. A true microclimate.
I used to enjoy going around looking at the old Naval buildings in the state park when I was a kid. It is a unique area.

Sampson was originally a Naval sub training base because they really don’t know how deep Seneca Lake is. It became an army air corps base, then an Army Depot. (supposedly having nuclear weapons).
I know security to get in was as tough as any Max security prison I ever had to go to. Walking around Truck with mirrors, opening all the bay doors.
It has been since closed but it has a unique feature, most of the deer are Pibald. White, but not Albino.
Since the depot closed they have trying to make it a tourist attraction. Fenced in since the 40’s. A true microclimate.
I used to enjoy going around looking at the old Naval buildings in the state park when I was a kid. It is a unique area.

if there's enough $$$$$ - you can do wonders with old FED land - hopefully it doesn't get auctioned off to some developer for homes >> keep it for the People

1654172301933.jpeg

Somewhere in the UK. Very peaceful.

It was a warm day here. Got up to 69 degs. Changed the oil in my welding machine and set up a brooder area in the wood shed for the new ducks. We lost one more meat chicken today. Not sure why, it was warm last night.
This afternoon a thunderstorm blew in from over the mountains to the west of us. It didn't drop much rain but there could be more later tonight and tomorrow.

We're at 84º but only 7% humidity. Was down at our BOL this at the crack of dawn this morning, tilling and hoeing up a new little garden plot (5x10' so far) beside my raised beds. I was taking breaks every 15 minutes and sweating like a pig the whole time. I only lasted 2 hours, quit and we headed back home. Summer is here, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back