Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How in the hell are electric powered vehicles going to benefit the rural community? Buses in CA have been catching fire and they are not replacing because even they can not get answers. WE ARE NOT THERE YET!! Maybe one day. I can foresee it maybe happening in my lifetime at one point, but you should never push until we can actuallu back it up. . . and again, WE ARE NOT THERE YET!!
Tesla has made some great advances with EV’s. Many other companies are just now coming out with new models that will advance it further. They already out power and last longer than gas burners. I’m not as concerned with the quality and range of them as much as the electric grid being able to handle charging all of the ones in 3 to 5 years. I believe it is good to work towards cleaner transportation and smart. But I also have to agree that there are still hurdles needing to be overcome. I wouldn’t worry about gas cars going away anytime soon though. Even if they stopped making them right now there are millions on the roads now and still have 20+ years of life left in them.

So still needed to go pick up a couple items over at the new inlaws house today, Since I didn't get a reply earlier, I texted tonight. I heard back and apparently we have a super spreader for the wedding last week including the aunt who was cooking right beside me on Saturday.5 people came dowm with Covid amd 1 of those proples dad was found dead in his car. I have no idea what their vaccine status is. Just know I have not been vaccinated, and have yet to come down with this virus and neither has my hunny.
I genuinely hope you can continue to say that about you and your husband.

Tesla has made some great advances with EV’s. Many other companies are just now coming out with new models that will advance it further. They already out power and last longer than gas burners. I’m not as concerned with the quality and range of them as much as the electric grid being able to handle charging all of the ones in 3 to 5 years. I believe it is good to work towards cleaner transportation and smart. But I also have to agree that there are still hurdles needing to be overcome. I wouldn’t worry about gas cars going away anytime soon though. Even if they stopped making them right now there are millions on the roads now and still have 20+ years of life left in them.
Sorry Bud, I am not a believer. . . Who made the buses that caught on fire in CA? Thank God no one was on it at the time as it was recharging. We are now hitting into the major hurricane season here. . . How is it going to work out with everyone needuing to chage their cars> It takes like what 5 minutes to fuel a car with gas and you still see the lines. How long does it take to charge a car? If they have electricit, cause you know that goes down often during the season. . . Fell like the one that transfer over may just be 性交ed.

Yep I can just see us all driving electric pickup trucks in an amish community where there's not much electricity anyway. Geesh.
Glad you haven't come down with it Danil54. It's nasty for some. Our grandkids (twins, 16 yrs old) are on their 4th quarantine this week, and haven't gotten it at all. Husband went and got a pfizer shot last Wednesday and still feeling out of sorts, his nose is all mucked up now. Wondering if it's because he had covid, then the antibody infusion, and now the vax. Two days of body aches and pain, fever, and now the nose thing. I'm not getting it.

Yep I can just see us all driving electric pickup trucks in an amish community where there's not much electricity anyway. Geesh.
Glad you haven't come down with it Danil54. It's nasty for some. Our grandkids (twins, 16 yrs old) are on their 4th quarantine this week, and haven't gotten it at all. Husband went and got a pfizer shot last Wednesday and still feeling out of sorts, his nose is all mucked up now. Wondering if it's because he had covid, then the antibody infusion, and now the vax. Two days of body aches and pain, fever, and now the nose thing. I'm not getting it.
[/QUOTEq
Hoping and praying for your husband! Just I know it is "nasty" for some, my sister included. Wondering what made him get the jab?

I'm not sure. He only has one working lung, and many other health problems, so I think he felt at risk. He is highly educated and feels that it made sense for him. My personal opinion....his docs guilted him into it, but he won't admit that. So that'd be peer pressure.
Thankfully he stopped teasing me about not getting it, because that wasn't going over well, and our 16 yr old grandson asked for it recently because he's in quarantine again from going to band camp and someone had it. So I asked him if he only wants it because he wants to do what he wants. And then reminded him he has a right to do normal things without asking permission because he is an American. I have heard many people say they got vaccinated so that they can "do the normal things" and I think that's just crazy. Do them anyway. It is your right. Lively conversation with grandson this evening...he says quarantined people should just wear a different colored mask. I explained to him that the Nazis had different colored patches for the people that they ended up murdering...jews got the yellow star. I think the homosexuals and gypsies got different colors.

With all this gender identification and equality, someone should point out to the selective service women are just eligible for the draft and should register. Oops, did I just destroy their "good idea"? Lol

How in the hell are electric powered vehicles going to benefit the rural community? Buses in CA have been catching fire and they are not replacing because even they can not get answers. WE ARE NOT THERE YET!! Maybe one day. I can foresee it maybe happening in my lifetime at one point, but you should never push until we can actuallu back it up. . . and again, WE ARE NOT THERE YET!!
They aren't! Dontcha know we're all supposed to move to the city. Only government approved agriculture collectives will be allowed to grow government approved food items, and food like substances.

After living here for 44 years my well pump is sucking a bit of air. This will quickly ruin a pump. The river is at the lowest depth ever recorded. The river is not good. Dead fish every where. Not from pollution but from too high temperature. The glacier is almost gone. The recovery rate in the well has gone from infinity to about 10 gallons per hour. Enough for drinking and cooking and flushing but not enough for watering the orchard. I will not die of thirst or hunger, yet, but many crops will not be harvested. I never thought this would happen. The climate is changing.

I will not die of thirst or hunger, yet, but many crops will not be harvested. I never thought this would happen. The climate is changing.
-------good grief, so sorry to hear of your water problems dracos...can you drill deeper or get any other water??? Terrible report my friend!!! Gary

After living here for 44 years my well pump is sucking a bit of air. This will quickly ruin a pump. The river is at the lowest depth ever recorded. The river is not good. Dead fish every where. Not from pollution but from too high temperature. The glacier is almost gone. The recovery rate in the well has gone from infinity to about 10 gallons per hour. Enough for drinking and cooking and flushing but not enough for watering the orchard. I will not die of thirst or hunger, yet, but many crops will not be harvested. I never thought this would happen. The climate is changing.
How deep is your well currently?

How deep is your well currently?
After drilling through 2 rock layers we hit water at 138 feet . We went to 148 feet with the drilling and placed the pump at 143 feet. The recovery rate was not able to be measured because the drill company did not have a pump big enough. So we just called it infinite. We were wrong. I can live on 25 gallons an hour. But not water gardens.

Latest posts

Back