Canned meats for BOLO

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t do the grocery shopping so I don' know good deals or not, but CVS has canned 1 lb hams and Spam for $2.99.

I only do the canned ham, chicken, and tuna. I used to eat Spam as a kid, but can't stomach it these days. I currently use canned chicken in soup, make tunafish sandwiches out of canned tuna, and sometimes slice canned ham and grill it to make hot ham and cheese sandwiches....but that's really the only uses I have for it.
As a kid I ate Spam, potted meat and Vienna sausages. If I never see it again, I am cool with that.

I crave Vienna sauages about once a year. About half way thru a can I realize how bad they are and am good for another year.
Mustard, Mustard, and more Mustard...then you can choke them down.

Actually, the way we ate Viennas growing up was in my mother's version of Pigs in a Blanket. She used bread, slathered with mustard, rolled a Vienna sausage in it diagonally and secured it with a toothpick, then toasted it in the oven.

We all loved them. So I thought I liked Vienna sausages...but then when I tried eating them out of the can they were awful. So I was like "I used to like these things???"

Then I rolled one in bread with a lot of mustard. Made all the difference.

Mustard, Mustard, and more Mustard...then you can choke them down.

Actually, the way we ate Viennas growing up was in my mother's version of Pigs in a Blanket. She used bread, slathered with mustard, rolled a Vienna sausage in it diagonally and secured it with a toothpick, then toasted it in the oven.

We all loved them. So I thought I liked Vienna sausages...but then when I tried eating them out of the can they were awful. So I was like "I used to like these things???"

Then I rolled one in bread with a lot of mustard. Made all the difference.

It’s all about the prep work.

My Dads Mother had a country store in town when I was a kid.

I hung out with my Dad a lot (then I was too young for school) since he had his own business. We’d go there at lunch. Potted meat, old school bologna and crackers and a coke. Definitely not healthy, but definitely good!

Latest posts

Back