Camper's and RV's.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i worry more about getting out of my BOL. I have a horse trailer and a 5x8 utility. I I really could use an 18 ft to throw my tractor and accessories on.
I can only pull so many down the hill. The horse trailer right now is the go to. Tack room set up as Evac center with the camping gear. Second vehicle FJ can pull the 5x8 trailer We can get out even if it’s just fire roads.
The cars might have to be left behind.

Who makes this holster? My OC is currently a Blackhawk SERPA Paddle Holster. But I've heard SERPA's aren't the best choice. Never found anymore info, just the blanket statement.
Strong
It's the original pancake holster, the "First Chance." The lock is called the "Piece-Keeper."
https://store.strongbadgecase.com/h304It's a second hand LEO holster. Since just about all the Police here have switched to Glocks, all their Sig holsters got surplussed. 1911s fit the Sig holsters perfectly.
A local pawn shop bought a bunch of them in a lot and sell them CHEAP!

An old surplus M113 personel carrier like this might be picked up cheap, either to park in the back yard as an emergency shelter, or drive it out to the country to use as a BOL, but fuel consumption would probably be heavy.
It'd certainly be proof against small arms, and the periscope could scan the area, and I presume its got a fresh air circulator.
I also think it can wade shallow rivers, vets would know more about it than me.

m113-colour.gif

M113-inside.jpg

The stretchers/bunks are removable.
m113-rear.gif

And I think it'd take terrain like this (this is Russia) in its stride..:)-
bov-mud-russia2.jpg

bov-mud-russia1.jpg

Last edited:
Incidentally, an alternative to a camper van would be a boat like the one below which could be moored on a quiet stretch of post-apoc river, although if this was mine i'd definitely throw a camo net over it or paint it in green/dark green stripes..:)-
boat1.jpg

the river is too narrow, that boat can be attacked from both banks even if its in the middle of the river.

The spot would be carefully chosen, surrounded by impassable marshes making it impossible for zombs to see the boat, let alone reach it..:)
It's not a new idea-

"Will we be safe here Mr. Allnut?"
"Why sure miss, ain't noboby gonna find the old Queen up here"

African-Boat.jpg

Way off target and an unrealistic post. What has crappy submarines to do with Campers and RV thread. Fantasy again. Should be moved to the Dropship thread. That is where fantasy posts belong.

IMO, you should try to be comfortable too. I would imagine in a SHTF situation, having an RV with a little comforts would help to stave off depression/anxiety. We bought this one new last year - it gets to the property through our wetlands area - not the road yet as there are numerous holes and boulders in the way. But its great for me and the hubby, larger bathroom on the back, also a little fireplace and couch. Feels small enough to easily take care of, and large enough with smart storage that we could live in it for a long time. I don't think there is any sense to torture yourself, especially if you have to live in it long term. Right now, I am camped at an RV campground while on call at the hospital as I work 3 hours away from home, and find it very comfortable living. Its a Forest River alpha wolf.
wtcchvITSICg3bTwkuXNOQ.jpg

I have lived in a caravan/trailer and its not for most people.
not an rv just a basic wooden or metal caravan.
post SHTF I think you would be better off being static on your own land than moving about, post collapse fuel would be a problem anyway.
Amen Brother. I lived in a van for 4 months in my 20's, it was on a beach, a rental in a van park, and the town was up the road so I had plenty of distractions so aside from sleeping and eating I spent very little time in it. Same with my camper van now, a few days and I'm ready to go home. It sounds romantic living in a tiny space but in reality it's oppressive, that was my feelings anyway. It's sort of like living in your kitchen or your bathroom. If anyone wants to test themselves just put a camp stretcher in your kitchen and try living in that one room for a week.

Amen Brother. I lived in a van for 4 months in my 20's, it was on a beach, a rental in a van park, and the town was up the road so I had plenty of distractions so aside from sleeping and eating I spent very little time in it. Same with my camper van now, a few days and I'm ready to go home. It sounds romantic living in a tiny space but in reality it's oppressive, that was my feelings anyway. It's sort of like living in your kitchen or your bathroom. If anyone wants to test themselves just put a camp stretcher in your kitchen and try living in that one room for a week.
it actually depends, I lived in a modern caravan with the second wife when we were renovating a house in Cornwall, in the summer it was too hot and in the winter I used to wake up with ice on the inside of the window.
however living in a WOODEN gypsy type caravan when I was off grid was a completely different kettle of fish very enjoyable.
and I've lived in one room before-for a YEAR, its called a bed sit over here.

Growing up we traveled all over the Western US in a pop up camper. All 6 of us. We camped our way through every state west of the Mississippi in the lower 48, plus Mexico, Alberta and British Columbia.

But I didn't spend much time inside the camper.

Latest posts

Back