Greetings from WA, requesting advice.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legitbruski

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a wonderful day/night.
I'm just an 18 year old born at the right time to be able to say with a decent amount of certainty that America/the world will go to complete shit in the span of my lifetime. I've got a part-time job making on average $500 - $750 a week. I've got my own car but seeing as how a particular person is driving this country into the ground, I doubt that will last for very long. I was wondering, could any of you do me a favor and link me to a couple of informative posts on how to get started? Some recommendations on starter self-defense weaponry would be great.

Many thanks,
Ruski

Hello from Europe, it is not better here either and the governments are ruining everything here.
You can find a lot of information in this forum, read up on it. Weapons are not everything, prepare yourself for other things and above all look that you live in an environment where there is a lot of like-minded people, if you already do not feel safe in your current place of residence, you will feel even more insecure when everything collapses.
You still have time, but depending on that not much, so if you live in a ghetto suburb or near large military bases or rocket silos I personally would think well about a move.

Hello everyone, hope you all are having a wonderful day/night.
I'm just an 18 year old born at the right time to be able to say with a decent amount of certainty that America/the world will go to complete shit in the span of my lifetime. I've got a part-time job making on average $500 - $750 a week. I've got my own car but seeing as how a particular person is driving this country into the ground, I doubt that will last for very long. I was wondering, could any of you do me a favor and link me to a couple of informative posts on how to get started? Some recommendations on starter self-defense weaponry would be great.

Many thanks,
Ruski
hello from south australia what part of wa you from

Welcome from South Carolina
it don’t matter you age or experience just scroll thru the great amount of knowledge of self preparedness
in past post, that will give you all the info needed. You can’t do it all at once so pace your self.
just as DrHenley stated . Start with the cheaper stuff that you can do like water storage then food.
given your age your guns will be limited but just do what you can.
Im not sure your location but if you feel the need that you may have to be ready to leave that location then build a bug out bag with the basics
like some food, water or a way to filter it, sleeping bag , means of starting a fire, rope or para cord , small tarp , extra clothing , knife and a way to cook your food. You can buy go bags on line but they aren’t cheap. Don’t forget to add a machete or an 🪓.

Welcome and beginning to prep is a head spinning experience. So much to do and it seems like there is never enough cash left over at the end of the month to make a dent in everything that needs doing!

Like several have said, start slow with the basics.

Look for sales at your grocery store and buy two. Use one, then buy two again. I would suggest starting with shelf stable food that you would normally eat, like noodles or dehydrated potatoes. Learn to cook from scratch.

You can start learning to garden, if you don't know already...even a few pots with beans, peas and tomatoes, herbs or strawberries out on a patio or terrace will make a good start. I can sometimes find large pots at Goodwill for cheap and have even used Rubbermaid type bins with a few drainage holes punched in the bottom for plants. If you live in a city, there may even be a community garden in your area that you could participate in.

A lot of prepping is not about the stuff you hold in your pantry or your hands, it is about the stuff between your ears!
If you can find a free class here and there on some skill that might come in handy, take advantage of them! You won't be a master of the skill, but, it will be one baby step closer.

Sorry, if I talked your ear off, but, I think you will find many here for whom prepping is a passion and lifestyle! Again, welcome!

Welcome from Montana. If you have a mountain of food but no way to defend it you are spending you time and money for someone else.

Latest posts

Back