BAGS

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gone through sooooo many packs. I hadan EDC, a GHB, a 3day, a BOB, oh man. The list goes on and on. I am down to using an EDC and having 2 BOBs. One for me and one for the Mrs. We have split up the guns and other necessities so we can focus our gear. She has medical training, so the first aid stuff is on her. I am bigger and stronger so most of the ammo and heavy sh*t is on me. We are trying to get this truly organized though, so I'm hoping this thread takes off.

BTW, I am very happy with the 2 packs I am currently running. I am using a standard Jansport pack for my EDC. It is capable of carrying my laptop and other things I may need for work along with the mandatory GH goodies. The other is almost exactly like the assault pack that was shown by an earlier poster- except mine is camo. I don't prefer that, but it was only $40 at a gun show. It seems very well built so far. It's only 6 mos or so old, but the zippers are tough and the materials and stitching seems to be more durable than most that I have seen. I have another one that we bought for my longer camping trips that the wifey can use. It has a TON of pockets for organization and a large main compartment that will be sufficient to say the least. I have actually thought of getting another one of them, but I can't find that specific one anymore and most of the others like that are STEEP. I looked at REI and saw some going in the mid-2's. That's redonkulous, IMO. IT has served s very well, but D**N!

I have one bug bag, but soon ill have another, im veryyyyyy into getting the large alice pack w/frame, there like $40- 50 on ebay and they hold alooooot more than my pack! im putting all the heavy stuff in mine (alice pack) and my wife will take the small one with the med gear pluse probably the MRES and the lighter stuff.

There is alot of talk on what goes into a bug-out bag, GHB, 72 hr bag... But I am also interested in seeing what everyone is using for all of their bags.
I have gone through sooooo many packs. I hadan EDC, a GHB, a 3day, a BOB, oh man. The list goes on and on. I am down to using an EDC and having 2 BOBs. One for me and one for the Mrs. We have split up the guns and other necessities so we can focus our gear. She has medical training, so the first aid stuff is on her. I am bigger and stronger so most of the ammo and heavy sh*t is on me. We are trying to get this truly organized though, so I'm hoping this thread takes off.

BTW, I am very happy with the 2 packs I am currently running. I am using a standard Jansport pack for my EDC. It is capable of carrying my laptop and other things I may need for work along with the mandatory GH goodies. The other is almost exactly like the assault pack that was shown by an earlier poster- except mine is camo. I don't prefer that, but it was only $40 at a gun show. It seems very well built so far. It's only 6 mos or so old, but the zippers are tough and the materials and stitching seems to be more durable than most that I have seen. I have another one that we bought for my longer camping trips that the wifey can use. It has a TON of pockets for organization and a large main compartment that will be sufficient to say the least. I have actually thought of getting another one of them, but I can't find that specific one anymore and most of the others like that are STEEP. I looked at REI and saw some going in the mid-2's. That's redonkulous, IMO. IT has served s very well, but D**N!
I have one bug bag, but soon ill have another, im veryyyyyy into getting the large alice pack w/frame, there like $40- 50 on ebay and they hold alooooot more than my pack! im putting all the heavy stuff in mine (alice pack) and my wife will take the small one with the med gear pluse probably the MRES and the lighter stuff.

I am using a bag by 5.11 called the Rush 72 Backpack. It sells on their site for $179.99
  • 23 H x 15 W x 8 D
  • Water-resistant 1050-denier nylon
  • Flexible main storage compartments
  • Internal dividers
  • Compression straps
  • Hydration pocket
  • Fleece lined eyewear pocket
  • Sternum straps
  • Molle-compatible webbing on front and sides
  • Elastic keeper for strap ends
  • Name tape and flag holder
  • Built-in hip pads
  • Adjustable waistband
  • YKK® zippers
  • Three colors; Black, Flat Dark Earth and Tac OD
5.11 Bug Out Bag.jpg

I am using a bag by 5.11 called the Rush 72 Backpack. It sells on their site for $179.99
  • 23 H x 15 W x 8 D
  • Water-resistant 1050-denier nylon
  • Flexible main storage compartments
  • Internal dividers
  • Compression straps
  • Hydration pocket
  • Fleece lined eyewear pocket
  • Sternum straps
  • Molle-compatible webbing on front and sides
  • Elastic keeper for strap ends
  • Name tape and flag holder
  • Built-in hip pads