Are you seeing a U.F.O. What to think?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would just prefer they don't exist. For the very slim chance such a critter exist, it's best not and try to contact these things and leave it with this phrase 'beware of what you wish for'

Folks have seen too many alien movies.

Here's my take on it. What is the ONLY reason humans go to war? Control of resources. Really. That's it. Now, we may use other crap as a cover story, but in the end, this is the only real reason.

Now, a people that has interstellar travel? Resources are basically infinite. Therefore, they have zero motivation (assuming they have similar motivations we do), for war. Any resource in contest, they simply find it elsewhere without a fight. Hey, there's a planet full of diamonds....here's one full of gold....here's a planet with a frozen ocean, etc., etc.

So, not too worried about the alien invasion scenario. Odds are, their motivations would not be for war.

I remember as a kid I used to wonder if there were walls in space or does it go on forever. Maybe we'll never know for sure.

I imagine we are thinking too linear. Chances are, it would be a lot like trying to walk off the Earth. Eventually, you just come back to where you started from. Though probably more like a flat donut than a sphere...if we use similar cosmic explosions as a basis for comparison.

We could be the equivalent to an ant or even a micro organism to another advanced life form.

Like in Men In Black....where an entire galaxy was on a cat's collar charm. Or where our Universe is contained in a marble, along with other marbles, in some unfathomable giant alien's marble bag.... Mind boggling really.

He thought he died on my stretcher, because he was floating over his body...looking down at himself.

I think this is more Astral Projection than a true NDE. (Near Death Experience). I used to think it was a bunch of hooey, but apparently, whenever I'm either knocked unconscious, or getting any kind of serious physical trauma, I just "check out" of my body and float for a bit and watch. Only happened a handful of times, but one time, i got jumped, I was giving the description of the assailants based on being able to see them while floating, lol....(of course, I left THAT part out of the police report).

Just like the bit about the silver cord (attaching your astral self to your physical body). Used to think that was pure nonsense, until seeing it. There is a lot of wisdom in our ancient past. Sure, a lot of it is pretty hokey, but that doesn't mean there isn't something of real substance there too. Had I not experienced it myself (and indeed, until I did), I would have not believed it at all....

Folks have seen too many alien movies.

Here's my take on it. What is the ONLY reason humans go to war? Control of resources. Really. That's it. Now, we may use other crap as a cover story, but in the end, this is the only real reason.

Now, a people that has interstellar travel? Resources are basically infinite. Therefore, they have zero motivation (assuming they have similar motivations we do), for war. Any resource in contest, they simply find it elsewhere without a fight. Hey, there's a planet full of diamonds....here's one full of gold....here's a planet with a frozen ocean, etc., etc.

So, not too worried about the alien invasion scenario. Odds are, their motivations would not be for war.

Hope your right Gaz. I very seldom ever watch TV, I’m trying to figure the last time when I’ve seen some alien/space movie, I’m more going along the lines of gut feeling on this one.

I’m more going along the lines of gut feeling on this one.

Certainly natural, given our human history. Any time a more advanced tribe met with a less advanced one, it always ended the same way....so perfectly logical to have some fear and apprehension there!!!

However, the same situation does not apply. In our history, it was always explorers looking for resources. In the case of our hypothetical aliens, resources are a non-issue for them. There is nothing here on Earth that they couldn't get elsewhere, or grow themselves without contest. So there simply isn't any human motivation for them to come out of conquest.

Indeed, infinite resources are basically what allow the fictional universe of Star Trek to go without currency. The different warring factions are simply plot devices...there's really no actual reason for the Klingons, Romulans, etc. to fight.

And for anyone who says, "but the Earth has people and animals, etc."...there's no reason they couldn't just pluck a few examples (enough for gene diversity), and then clone, clone away, for all they need. All without firing a single ray gun...

Hmmm......... ;)

I understand your point and it's a valid point, the problem is, it's not so much the fear of the aliens as it is of the human reaction amongst the world powers. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) comes to mind (shoot first) and more realistic in terms of possibility than any other space movie I have seen. Every world power would want the technology (kidnapping?) of our spacely visitor all for different reasons and not necessarily for the good of man kind.

Latest posts

Back