Winter Weather Folklore

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc,

You are so YESTERDAY! I thought all of that happened back in 2016? 2, 3 years ago?

I mean, there's nothing in the news the past couple of years about Miami... because it's under water & disappeared. Venice is flooding... but wait it was before too. Greenland is green again (where they paint houses that color). Penguins are dying every day (and the seals are enjoying the meals). Oh wait, I just breathed out and created more CO2! Ok, I'm going to hold my breath.

I am jealous of your snow.
robin I have lived where there is snow,I grew up in it,,,Pa.,,,,,and trust me snow is no fun unless you are a kid,as an adult it makes life miserable you have to drive on it you have to shovel it can be a constant battle to keep your driveway clear,,,and the darn stuff is wet and cold,it can cause roofs to collapse ,,,,,,,I am happy with just a little each year

I've never put much stock in wooly worms, etc, but this year I've noticed something .

I've lived here for 20 years and this is the first time the squirrels are stripping the bark on the cedar trees. I'm guessing it's because the cedar is sturdier and more weather resistant.

Any opinions?

Squirrels like bark for their nests. They tend to target the thinner barked trees.

Could be Robin. I've never seen a walnut here yet and every winter we're butt hole to titt deep in snow. Oh wait..we don't have walnut trees here. Never mind.
Year before last, I collected 2 full wheelbarrows full of walnuts. I didn't bother last year because I had so many. Thought I would stock up this year, but there are too few to mess with. I'm going to go back into the woods and check some trees. My neighbor said he had seen the squirrels stealing all of his. Maybe the are stocking up.

Latest posts

Back