Winter Weather Folklore

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I've never put much stock in wooly worms, etc, but this year I've noticed something .

I've lived here for 20 years and this is the first time the squirrels are stripping the bark on the cedar trees. I'm guessing it's because the cedar is sturdier and more weather resistant.

Any opinions?

Haven’t paid any attention to the tree rats, but I’ve seen some wooly worms that were mostly black. According to the old folks (I mean the ones that were old when I was young), that can mean a nasty winter. At least it oughta be interesting...

I could never remember if white wooly worms meant snow or the black ones.

Well, 2 thoughts. OF course, in sarcasm first, you know global warming is happening? So of course it's going to be colder this year... (let me know if this makes sense to anyone with a brain)

But more seriously, I thought I saw in the Almanac that they predict it's going to be a cold winter? It's been a cold start down here in TX as well. Lots of critters are confused as well.

Well, in Al Gore's alternate reality, the arctic is completely free of ice now and snow in the winter is a thing of the past. Polar bears are extinct, Manhattan has turned into Venice with canals instead of streets, and all the fish in the sea have died. The Gulf Stream has vanished, but the UK hasn't turned into a frozen wasteland because even Baffin Island stays warm in winter.

Latest posts

Back