Whats in your pond?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I thinking of what to stock in my pond. I have catfish and perch in there now. Local turtles and frogs. Its a swampy pond.

Attachments

• 20240218_134830.jpg
    20240218_134830.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Your pond looks great! Ours is covered in lilly pads! We have a combo of catfish, bass, blue gill and we have caught Garr (unfortunately), in our pond..also have alligator turtles, lots of frogs, and some cotton mouths in and around! Not able to catch much bass, on regular basis. We need to stock our pond! That is on my long list of things to do! Pic attached looks like pond is small, it's approx 1 acre total pond (I guess that's small).

Attachments

• 20230411_195404.jpg
    20230411_195404.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Your pond looks great! Ours is covered in lilly pads! We have a combo of catfish, bass, blue gill and we have caught Garr (unfortunately), in our pond..also have alligator turtles, lots of frogs, and some cotton mouths in and around! Not able to catch much bass, on regular basis. We need to stock our pond! That is on my long list of things to do! Pic attached looks like pond is small, it's approx 1 acre total pond (I guess that's small).

We have cottomouths and Alligator turtles also. Copperhead. I used to have bass, don't know if I will add them again.
We get wild ducks often.

Yes, occassional mallards, we also get igrets, cormorants, canadian geese, heron, and the goofy duck I call "dodo", not sure what it is actually. We have had on occasional, (years apart), stray young gator, and a cple years ago, a river otter came and went. 🙉

Latest posts

Back