What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to make a couple breakfast deer sausage patties and fry a few fresh eggs.
1030200815.jpg

I cooked a big pot of beef stew, with those little Klondike medley of potatoes, baby carrots, turnips, onion, bell pepper, garlic cloves, parsley, with a brown gravy. Over white rice.

I had one of our peppers group and 4 of our family move here this weekend.

I made a big pot of split pea soup yesterday to have for lunch this week so I had a bowl of that and some cheese toast (like open face grilled cheese sandwich) for supper tonight. Simple and easy with a glass of wine.

I made a big pot of split pea soup yesterday to have for lunch this week so I had a bowl of that and some cheese toast (like open face grilled cheese sandwich) for supper tonight. Simple and easy with a glass of wine.
I haven’t has good split pea soup in ages, great idea. I ordered a huge takeout platter of barbecue and catfish for my birthday and still have loads of it in the fridge. As soon as it’s gone that soup sounds good.

We went out to eat for our anniversary.
We both had the butterflied Angus beef filet mingon, stuffed with a half of fried sorftshell crab, topped with lump blue crab meat ,asparagus and hollandaise sauce. All this over sliced fried garlic potatoe medallions. This was the best meal I had all year

1111201940.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I recently bought an air fryer. Kalorik from Walmart.com. It’s larger than most of them with two shelves in it. It had really good reviews and came with several accessories like a rotisserie and a rotating basket for things. I really haven’t cooked much in it yet other than some homemade thick potato chips but the thing is amazing for reheating foods. It gets to temperature in literally seconds and dosent heat up the kitchen like the oven does. I reheated pizza just no that’s as good as it was fresh in 4 minutes. Not bad for 109$ and shipped to my door for free.

Oh, I recently bought an air fryer. Kalorik from Walmart.com. It’s larger than most of them with two shelves in it. It had really good reviews and came with several accessories like a rotisserie and a rotating basket for things. I really haven’t cooked much in it yet other than some homemade thick potato chips but the thing is amazing for reheating foods. It gets to temperature in literally seconds and dosent heat up the kitchen like the oven does. I reheated pizza just no that’s as good as it was fresh in 4 minutes. Not bad for 109$ and shipped to my door for free.

I was looking at getting an air fryer but wasn't sure if it would really be worth it. How is it to clean out after use?

Swiss fondue, i.e. hot cheese in which you make bread with a fork.
You also get a good dinner later, here is already dinner ;-)

I was looking at getting an air fryer but wasn't sure if it would really be worth it. How is it to clean out after use?
The one that we use is very easy to clean, as soon as you are done frying , simply wash and towel dry. The basket is stainless and the interior is non stick, get one I know you will enjoy it.

There’s a tray in the bottom and the shelves come out to throw in the dishwasher. It looks like an older style toaster oven that’s all stainless inside. Easy to wipe down inside if needed but the tray catches everything so far.

Be sure on the air fryers that when you wipe them down with soapy cloth, don't forget to wipe the elements off. Grease build-up on the elements can cause smoking during subsequent cooking. I have the basket/drawer type, but for most foods I still prefer conventional cooking. I've been cooking for 50 years and don't like specialized appliances much, particularly the storage of said appliances. But the hubs gave it to me for Christmas so I'm TRYING to learn to use it so he'll be pleased. :) I have done a few things in it that came out real good: some real good pork chops: Air Fryer Jamaican Jerked Pork Loin. And a chicken dish that turned out to be the best air fryer result I've achieved to date: Air Fryer Chicken Breasts with Sofrito Sauce. We don't eat french fries or many carbs, so I can't speak to the frozen fried items and how they do in the fryers. I kind of put it away when the COVID mess started and haven't gotten back into my experimenting with it.

Be sure on the air fryers that when you wipe them down with soapy cloth, don't forget to wipe the elements off. Grease build-up on the elements can cause smoking during subsequent cooking. I have the basket/drawer type, but for most foods I still prefer conventional cooking. I've been cooking for 50 years and don't like specialized appliances much, particularly the storage of said appliances. But the hubs gave it to me for Christmas so I'm TRYING to learn to use it so he'll be pleased. :) I have done a few things in it that came out real good: some real good pork chops: Air Fryer Jamaican Jerked Pork Loin. And a chicken dish that turned out to be the best air fryer result I've achieved to date: Air Fryer Chicken Breasts with Sofrito Sauce. We don't eat french fries or many carbs, so I can't speak to the frozen fried items and how they do in the fryers. I kind of put it away when the COVID mess started and haven't gotten back into my experimenting with it.
I enjoy cooking too and really was hesitant about countertop appliances too. I had my instapot for at least six months before I ever tried it. Now I love it as it speeds up dinner so much. Living in the south I don’t like heating up the kitchen during the summer months so the small appliances are really nice. During the winter I am more likely to cook conventionally to warm up the house a bit. I had to make a shelf unit just for all the crap I have now to keep the counters clear though.....

Latest posts

Back