What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked a really long week. Good money so I’m not complaining but I believe I’m going to turn off the phone and just cook, eat and enjoy the weekend. When I’m working long hours it’s usually fast food out on the road so I really want good meals now. I have a huge T bone thawed for the grill, with a salad and baked potato planned for lunch. My goal is to gain 5lbs and a few blood pressure points this weekend! I haven’t planned dinner yet but have a large salmon filet in the freezer that is whispering my name right now.

sausages.
If you're correcting me, no, I MEANT the singular "sausage", because we didn't grill links, but rather one contiguous rope of the stuff. We buy it at a nearby Czech meat market. They cut off from a tall, coiled stack and charge by the pound accordingly. If that's what you had for dinner, my misinterpretation. :).

I'm making my oyster dressing for tommorow. I always make a big casserole pan. I find its better the next day after being reheated.
I put 6 dozen oysters in, some of them chopped with there water, most where whole oysters.

1125201901.jpg

I almost ordered a fried turkey from Popeyes for tomorrow. I’ve never had fried turkey but know I’d love it as fried foods are my weakness. I thawed a bird out of the freezer though and will spatchcock it tomorrow. It’s quicker, juicer and the skin is crispier than traditional cooked birds. So far the bird, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy are all I’m sure of but will come up with something else too tomorrow. It’s just my wife and I this year so it won’t be the huge spread of past years. I just hope everyone here has enough to eat and we all get to spend the day with those that matter the most to us.

Tonight I cooked chicken leg quarters. I kept the chicken fat so I can add that into tomorrows turkey gravy. Hunny just had a preview of tomorrows dinner of pea salad and cornbread dressing with out the added gravy as sides.

Latest posts

Back