Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked a non laying hen and dumplings.

Attachments

• 20230205_172329.jpg
    20230205_172329.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I finally got around to making the split pea soup today with chunks of ham. Also made a beef roast in crock pot, scallop potatoes, green beans, cornbread in iron skillet, and simmered some fresh sliced peaches out of freezer on side with a little sugar for those who wanted something sweet

I finally got around to making the split pea soup today with chunks of ham. Also made a beef roast in crock pot, scallop potatoes, green beans, cornbread in iron skillet, and simmered some fresh sliced peaches out of freezer on side with a little sugar for those who wanted something sweet

If I'm ever in your area, I know where I'm stopping for a meal!

Was just watching the Wierd History channel. Things soldiers are eating during the Civil War. Hard tack was on both sides. Interesting to watch. Other include the Great Depression, WW1 and WW2. I find it very interesting.

We watch that channel too! Found those you mentioned very interesting!

I know folks that use flour tortillas cut up in strips for "dumplins" in chicken n dumplings....they say they love them....haven't tried it but sounds like flour tortillas work good for replacing noodles, dumplins and similar...seeing how EW used them for lasagna too.

I think I'll buy up and freeze some flour tortillas for such uses in future...sounds like a good idea! (Although I prefer corn tortillas with my Mexican food). Guess I could freeze both? I've never tried making either myself.

I know folks that use flour tortillas cut up in strips for "dumplins" in chicken n dumplings....they say they love them....haven't tried it but sounds like flour tortillas work good for replacing noodles, dumplins and similar...seeing how EW used them for lasagna too.

I think I'll buy up and freeze some flour tortillas for such uses in future...sounds like a good idea! (Although I prefer corn tortillas with my Mexican food). Guess I could freeze both? I've never tried making either myself.
To make your own you really need a press. Smaller corn size ones are 20-30 bucks. Tried to do pics but there seem to be an issue with downloaded ones
Corn would work with my recipe, just would have to cut and fit smaller ones to a pan.

Homemade fried rice with frozen sweet peas thrown in and chopped green onion on top...I used brown rice which i normally don't use for fried rice. 1 son said rice wasn't fully done, the other son said "too spicy" and all I put in was soy sauce! 1/3 cup and had more rice than usual in the skillet. Other than that, a bit of salt n pepper, sauteed onion, the usual scrambled eggs!

Baked/roasted thicken thighs and chicken wings in air fryer...wings were good!

Latest posts

Back