Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's Sunday I made dinner for today and next cple of nights..a meatloaf, Salisbury steak with mushroom n onion gravy, and calf liver n onions, macaroni salad, frozen corn in butter sauce, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes.

I had a salisbury steak, corn, creamed spinach, taters n gravy, Larry had cple slices of meatloaf, spinach n corn...I was going to make cornbread but stood on my feet too long in kitchen..and had to do some laundry, so I pulled out 5 cheese Texas toast (I know, weird bread choice)...

We had fried tofu with green onions, and some sort of black bean and tapioca pearl concoction. And rice. Not exactly my idea of a complete meal. I don't count tofu as meat, so I air fried some venison sausage.
And a Land Shark beer.
Does your wife make your tofu?
Tofu is not really for me but I always wondered if homemade would be better.

Does your wife make your tofu?
Tofu is not really for me but I always wondered if homemade would be better.
She buys organic tofu at Aldi. She has made dòujiāng (fresh soy milk) at home before from soybeans straight off the combine back when we still had soybean fields (I made some too). I actually like homemade, and also the fresh made dòujiāng from street vendors in Taiwan. I can't stand store bought soy milk. So I call the store bought stuff "soy milk," and the homemade by it's Chinese name - 豆浆 {dòujiāng which means "bean broth"}. Chinese basically call the store bought soy milk "soy milk" too - 豆奶 (dòunǎi which means "bean milk").
It would be fairly easy I think to go from the homemade dòujiāng to tofu but I don't remember her ever doing it.

I cooked a fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp.

Attachments

• 20230203_184308.jpg
    20230203_184308.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Did some chicken thighs. Fresh lemon, garlic, broth and spices. It was supposed to be a marinade but I baked in it instead.
Marinade was good over the rice, my wife is a rice purist and likes hers plain with butter. Best of both worlds for both of us.

Latest posts

Back