Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched bona petit episode this morning where they were making grilled cheese...different ones making different versions...one took so long I wanted to stick a fork in my eye watching her! Anyhoo....it reminded me I hadn't made grilled cheese sandwich in a while so I decided I wanted one. Made sandwich with sharp cheddar, sour dough bread slices, thinly sliced tomatoes and used mayo instead of butter on the bread...grilled up nicely and tasted pretty good...I was going to have soup on side, but too lazy and worn out to make any...fairly big sandwich, so it was enough to do.

Never once had anyone complain about the beans in my chili. But then I use pinto beans that are cooked until they aren't recognizable anymore.
This started out as as 14 bean soup mix. Unfortunately it had my least favorite food, Lima Beans. ๐Ÿคฎ
Fava beans taste about the same but thinking about the Hannibal Lecter line made it amusing๐Ÿ˜€

Had them 2 years in a row at MGM Grand in the conference area, so 4-5 star dining. ๐Ÿคฎ It was just as bad as the cans as a kid.
You are just proving my point! LOL

Institutional Lima Beans are not the right kind of Lima Beans.
Canned Lima Beans are not the right kind of Lima Beans.

I cooked a second pot of green split pea soup. Everyone requested more. I used the baked ham shank left over from Christmas dinner.

Attachments

• 20230122_180746.jpg
    20230122_180746.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Yesterday I bought some fresh hamburger meat instead of taking some out of freezer and made up a hamburger dip with velveeta cheese and threw in a can of diced tomatoes and green chiles, for my youngest son. I used to make that when my boys were teenagers to eat with tortilla chips.

I've been on a sandwich theme the past week, so I used the rest of the hamburger meat and made cheeseburgers for Larry and I today, some frozen french fries I threw in the air fryer (Which I didn't really care for). Just had regular hamburger buns, mayo, lettuce, tomatoe, red onion slices, and I picked up some gouda and provolone cheese. I overdid it a bit on the cheese, but it was good. Opened up a jar of zesty bread and butter pickles I had made a week or two ago.

Y'all keep talking about split pea soup and lima beans! I am going to have to put those on my list to make very soon! Yumm!

Just got back from a week at the BOL and the freezer is now crammed with venison and venison smoked sausage (My instructions to the processing place were "Smoked Italian links, hot, less fat" and it came out perfect)
So I see red beans rice and sausage, country fried venison, coffee rub venison, venison burgers, and Mongolian venison on the menu for many dinners to come. Some beans are soaking tonight.

Latest posts

Back