What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
We got a Mr Buddy heater for a back up heat source with two ten pound propane tanks. If needed we will put up a microcosm in the living room to help us stay warmer and will allow us to keep the setting at low and prolong the length of time we have propane. It is not perfect but it is a start. We had to move and no longer have a fireplace.

We got a Mr Buddy heater for a back up heat source with two ten pound propane tanks. If needed we will put up a microcosm in the living room to help us stay warmer and will allow us to keep the setting at low and prolong the length of time we have propane. It is not perfect but it is a start. We had to move and no longer have a fireplace.

this has been around for awhile but still not talked about much on the prepper channels - kind of neat >>>>

They work well. When we bought our old farmhouse years ago, there was no heat except for a coal burner stove that was older than the hills and not safe to use. The place was such a wreck that we didn't sleep in the house, stayed in a travel trailer as we made it livable. But we had cold weather come in on one of our visits and the heater in the trailer went out, so we threw the mattresses from the trailer on the family room floor of the farmhouse and heated it with those heaters to stay warm all night.

They work well. When we bought our old farmhouse years ago, there was no heat except for a coal burner stove that was older than the hills and not safe to use. The place was such a wreck that we didn't sleep in the house, stayed in a travel trailer as we made it livable. But we had cold weather come in on one of our visits and the heater in the trailer went out, so we threw the mattresses from the trailer on the family room floor of the farmhouse and heated it with those heaters to stay warm all night.
Athena, there are two things I would worry about. First Co2 and second high humidity.

The Mr Heaters are good for CO2, ok to use indoors. But we also have a detector.

I have battery op smoke detectors ready to supplement my 110V wired-in system - catching any early sign of excess burn goes with co2 detection >>> not the worse idea to have a "fire watch" during a serious SHTF for the overnite sleep period - not everyone will be as diligent in their heating/cooking planning and the neighbors can be a threat in that way ...

this has been around for awhile but still not talked about much on the prepper channels - kind of neat >>>>

I have the big buddy heater, bought it 2years ago on sale, finally got to use it during the week long Texas freeze apocalypse, used it to help conserve my firewood , ran it on low most of the time ,one 20lb tank lasted 4 days , I'll have more tanks and lots more fire wood ready for the next freeze.

I was somewhat prepared for the winter freeze.and I don't want to go through another somewhat prepared again, when it comes to a winter outage..so I finally got a buddy heater.6-1LB tanks .will be getting more.just ordered a pair of spikes that'll fit on my boots.will be getting 20LB tank eventually.. maybe some 3 to 6 inch wide candles.

Latest posts

Back