What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
started on a project I've put off for a while and now the crunch is coming on fast >>> downloading just about everything firearms oriented on UTube - I see the UTube deletions now - better to have than not - there's some good tricks & tactics there that won't be eazy to come by for the next generation ...

Inherent fear of the people...long list of bad experiences with armed citizens...not enough understanding of the necessity to -self-defend- yourself. The list goes on and each land or nation has its own reasons and history. For a land like Germany, who lost 2 World Wars and has very restrictive gun laws...they are the fifth largest weapons exporter in the world now...give the guns to the rest of the world to kill each other and to use against the GERMAN PEACE KEEPING TROOPS also...but not allow their own citizens have guns without years of training, membership in gun clubs, clean records, expensive safes for the guns, separate safes for the ammo, accountance for all weapons and ammo, loss of the right to search without a warrant day and night to control these laws on the guns AND if you are found to be not reliable to drive RESPONSIBLY: you must not be responsible enough to own the guns either...they take your car license, gun license, boat license, plane license and only leave your fishing license and the right to ride a bicycle...

Gave the neighbor about 100 meters of nylon string. He is finally getting the layout of the needed concrete foundation for his own pigpen and we will be masoning his walls in the next week or so. I'll be incorporating some steel feet into the corners of the bricked walls to accept the wooden studs for the roof supports. He has the bricks and corrugated materials for the roof already. We just need the foundation and cement for the bricking...

Ended up spending part of my day with 3 little grands. While walking around the property, we kept hearing a meow coming from our scrapyard trailer. Turns out we had a wee little kitten in there not but a few weeks old. Can only assume that is where momma decided to have her litter. This was the only one in there though that I could see. Poor thing was hiding under some stuff but hungry. I lured him out by offering him some of my ice cream cone. The girls and I brought him inside to give him some tuna with milk mixed in. I would love to keep him since I really need a good mouser, but hunny says he will need to go to the Humane Society on Monday.

You're not one of THOSE people who have them taxidermied and posed around the house, are you?
Ha Ha. You have five cats, you can be.

The sun is out today, so more work on the vegetable garden. Have six berry plants to plant, but first, the ground area where they go is covered in a foot of small rocks.

I cheated and bought the brussel sprouts plants this year. Actually, they were the only thing in vegetables at a good price...a 6pk for $4.00. All the tomato plants are about $4 a piece this year, and they're itty bitty. But I seeded about 50 tomato plants, and they're about an inch or so high now.
Listening to the chirping in the incubator....
The new headcount by tomorrow morning. Will get the brooder going.
This batch is going to my cousin.

Man am I jealous of ya'll....I can see and hear the pheasants in the fields behind my house, scare up rabbits going to the lake and see deer walking thru the fields too...no guns, no license, no hunting...:(:(:(

you do know that in a serious SHTF - quiet and the least labor oriented wins in that hunting & fishing category >>> alll kinds of traps & snares possible right up to taking down a deer ...

and if nothing else in firearms is possible - usually air rifles are a go - you could always try your hand at bows and slingshots ....

you do know that in a serious SHTF - quiet and the least labor oriented wins in that hunting & fishing category >>> alll kinds of traps & snares possible right up to taking down a deer ...

and if nothing else in firearms is possible - usually air rifles are a go - you could always try your hand at bows and slingshots ....
already have!!;)

I went through all the food storage today, rotated, cleaned and pulled all the older stuff for the local food bank. I have a huge load for them this time. I found some spices that expired in 2010! Obviously I need to do a detailed rotation more often.... I dumped loads of rice, beans and into the compost pile that were old enough to be replaced and will do a resupply shopping sometime this week. Oh, also learned that mashed potato flakes only last about three years even when sealed with an oxygen absorber and stored well. Some of them smelled kind of sour when going into the compost.

I spend a lot of time looking for a new place to live on internet sites. Until we settle on this everything else has to be set aside as where we go will influence our prep goals and how we prepare

Latest posts

Back