Quantcast

What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters

GeorgiaPeachie

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
We got several of them except home depot brand, they are worth the money and move a lot of air. We use them to dry out the stall floors before applying antibacterial powder to the floors.
I use a product made for horses in the chicken house, PDZ and it works great! Recommend it to anyone who want to keep smells way down.

robinjopo

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Took my son to a fun party thing for Special young adults and was talking to a father. I have no idea of his politics but he just up and said "I've been thinking of getting a gun. I think it's really going to get ugly after election day."

I think lots of people are waking up to the Left's shenigans. This guy said he hadn't paid attention to politics in the past.

DrJenner

Reaction score
We are getting our root cellar ready (in the garage this year)
Next up will be greenhouse.
Converted a bedroom to a pantry and have been canning food like crazy
Medical supplies are almost ready
Just also need to work on battery back up for solar and looking at wind power since we have a ton of wind here
Learned how to glass eggs for longer term storage and our baby chicks have started producing like crazy.
Getting settled in for a crazy time. Glad i don’t live in a big city

Rellgar

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I am working on increasing my food. We should have 2 years worth by the end of the year.

We also have a new member that will join us. We are installing the power and water hook ups for his trailer this weekend.

Rellgar

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I build a 4 foot wide bridge across the drainage ditch going through part of my property to allow our 4 wheeler's full access to all the acreage.

I ordered a few items from Amazon before Prime day ends.

Buttoni

Reaction score
Went down to the cabin for 2 days and got my two raised garden bed frames constructed and my lasagna garden layers in them started. Still have a few layers to put down and they'll be ready for Spring planting. Not quite done yet with the layers, but I ran outta steam at 2pm and we just loaded up the car & drove back home. I am officially wasted for the day.

Rellgar

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
One of my prepper friends in our group moved his trailer on my property today. He lives in the suburbs outside of New Orleans.

He is setting up his trailer and prepping supplies here in case he needs to Bug out to here. He is single and will share his trailer with another single member, who is coming here next weekend to bring most of his supplies.

We plan to have another camper coming here soon and possibly more.

I already have the 10-3 wire and pipe for all the trailers and 2, 30 amp receptacles. I will pick up 2 more to have on hand.

We may need one for Oddcaliber. Your camper uses 30 amp 110v plug?

Last edited:

Ranger72VH

Reaction score
Am going to try my hand at making some hardtack this weekend. Was thinking I might need something extra with the beans and rice. Should store for a long time sealed in a mylar bags. Probably going to print off some more simple recipes and put with my food. One of my favorite recipe books came from the company that makes the cast iron cookware. I do love to practice cooking the old way using my cast iron when I go camping. May try this in the oven first before I go old school with it. Seems like it might be a good idea to put the hardtack in a meat stew like a dumpling. We shall see.

GaRp58

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am going to try my hand at making some hardtack this weekend. Was thinking I might need something extra with the beans and rice. Should store for a long time sealed in a mylar bags. May try this in the oven first before I go old school with it. Seems like it might be a good idea to put the hardtack in a meat stew like a dumpling. We shall see.
Good morning, if you are making hardtack, it will last longer in the mylar bags. I put mine into mason jars while still hot and seal them just like making jelly or any other canning food. I also added some boullion to some of them so I could just add some water and get a flavored soup with dumplings in it. My favorite is with acorn flour. If you have a coffee bean grinder, you can grind rice, oatmeal and even dried beans to your flour before you make the dough for the hardtack. These three will make for a somewhat thicker soup and lean towards a small cup of stew... Always keep one of the pieces of each batch out of the canning/storage process and try it/them to see what is best and if you need to add anything to the next batch.
Have fun and live free, Gary

Ranger72VH

Reaction score
Good morning, if you are making hardtack, it will last longer in the mylar bags. I put mine into mason jars while still hot and seal them just like making jelly or any other canning food. I also added some boullion to some of them so I could just add some water and get a flavored soup with dumplings in it. My favorite is with acorn flour. If you have a coffee bean grinder, you can grind rice, oatmeal and even dried beans to your flour before you make the dough for the hardtack. These three will make for a somewhat thicker soup and lean towards a small cup of stew... Always keep one of the pieces of each batch out of the canning/storage process and try it/them to see what is best and if you need to add anything to the next batch.
Have fun and live free, Gary
Gary, really appreciate your reply! Those are great ideas. Defiantly going to use them.