what food to start collecting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepping or not, I'm all about saving money. To me, saving money is one of the best preps you can do.
Because it allows you to put those funds towards something else.

Couponing is great to an extent, but most "generic" items are just as good and cost a lot less, even with coupons, depending on what store policies are. Here, I only have one store that will double and triple and have been able to get some free items and others for less than a dollar). I do work at a local grocery that gives an additional 10% off their brand (year round) to workers and on some occasions 20%. When it goes 20% is when I stock up

Publix (southeast chain) will let you use manufacturer brand coupons on their store brand items.

I hate coupon shopping. My nearest grocer is six miles and I use their coupons but all other grocers are 25+ miles away (one way!). Going there specifically for a coupon deal doesn't pay for me. But for someone who lives in town it might make sense to be a huge coupon clipper.
nearest store from me is 25-30 miles when it comes to where we normally shop at time to time..but the one we shop at the most is 40-45 miles..so yes i'll clip coupons.especilly when i can use them at wal-mart seeing how thats where we do most of out shoping..

Yeah, but getting that done is a pain in the butt (and really ticks off the people in line behind you). Inevitably, they'll have to call a manager, etc.

so let the ones behind in line get ticked off.and let cashier call manager if needed..on acount that means saveings for me...

p.s.
i forgot about the flyers deal..

Yeah, but getting that done is a pain in the butt (and really ticks off the people in line behind you). Inevitably, they'll have to call a manager, etc.
Walmart ticks me off anyway. I hate going there. It's always so crowded and dirty. So, I go in the middle of the night. There's no one in line, much less in line behind me.

True. Plus here, it seems every migrant farm worker has to bring the ENTIRE family to Walmart with them. Why? And how do they all fit in one car, WITH groceries?
It's like some kind of clown car trick.

Bwahahahahaha oh that's good! Ok, so food lion brand has pasta on sale for .99¢ a box. Buy 40 boxes for under $40 and get a $10 coupon to use o your next purchase. Coupons in this weeks paper included Mahatma rice mixes. The rice mixes are spiced and sealed in Mylar bags for two servings. The coupons are .75¢ off two. Bilo puts them on sale often for bogo free at .89¢ for two. When Lowes Foods puts them on sale at .99¢ for two the coupon doubles and you get a money maker. Skippy will be $1.49 a jar after coupon. Hormel chili with beans become .93¢ after coupon. Barilla pasta is on sale 10/$10 and .55¢/2 coupons final cost .45¢ each. Just to give ya a few suggestions. Prepping on a budget.

I wish Food Lion would double coupons. That's where I shop the most often. I might be able to pick up a few things from this sale but it's not as good as some of the others they've had. I now have more pasta than spaghetti sauce, though!

We have a lot of migrant farm workers here, too, with all of the tobacco fields and it's getting towards the end of that season. It's either a family with 15 kids or 8 drunk men out on the town. I've never actually seen them get in or out of a car. Maybe they have some kind of secret transporter?

I know how ya feel about the pasta. I have buckets filled with it! Now, I am slowly working on my sauce. I need more jars and stop by the farmers market to get fresh tomatoes. I hate Ragu and Prego

I like Classico and up until about 2 weeks ago, I had a lot of spaghetti sauce and no pasta. Now I have about twice as much pasta as sauce! These sales need to balance out!

Hello, Hey guys im new to prepping and i was wondering what food should i start storing.
pretty much any dry pasta's or anything with a 3 or more year shelf life . most food containers will state a shelflife somewere on the label. and items high in protein.

srry cut myself short ! rice ,dry beans, flour,cornmeal these things u want to put in sealable containers to keep out rodents or what not , o good thing to use if u want to save money is old juice bottles or jugs wether they are old pop bottles or water bottles , make sure u sanitize and dry them well before using and watch the codes on the bottom of your containers u chose ! some plastics will break down if they dont agree with what your storing in them these can be looked up online to see what not to put in certain containers.

heres a lil some thing i came across 3-4 months ago.Knorr fiesta sides..it's pouch/packets of rice..they come in diffrent types of spices.like spanish rice and chicken rice.and of course there's other flavors as well..thier not only great for everday eating meals.but thier in sealed packets,in which that makes them great for long term storage.pluse some can be kept in a b.o.b and b.h.b.all you'll have to do.is heat and add water.then fold over the opening then keep it shut untill you figure its done..

heres a lil some thing i came across 3-4 months ago.Knorr fiesta sides..it's pouch/packets of rice..they come in diffrent types of spices.like spanish rice and chicken rice.and of course there's other flavors as well..thier not only great for everday eating meals.but thier in sealed packets,in which that makes them great for long term storage.pluse some can be kept in a b.o.b and b.h.b.all you'll have to do.is heat and add water.then fold over the opening then keep it shut untill you figure its done..
That you for the info. I am concerned about water!! We have about 55 gallons and keep getting more every week but I am worried about what happens when SHTF! Do I want to get tablets to treat H2O?

yeah i beleave it'd be a good idea to get the tablet to treat the water.that way you can go with long term storage.which is good.on account it could get to the point where you dunno when you'll get fresh water after a shtf situation

Latest posts

Back