What Do You See Wrong With This Picture?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not picking sides here, but have noticed that for a person living in a populated city with diverse culture toexist is a little thin skinned and quick to react defensively on any different opinion stated here. You would think being around so many people with different views that one would become more tolerant of new views. Either way, being civil and positive is a good trait to have in life.

Gentlemen let's take it down a notch please. I currently dislike things that MG has said in another thread but, I do my damnedest to not resort to flat out name calling and that seems to be all that's left on this thread. Let's clean it up or I'll be forced to use the big stick. Toexist, MG please ignore each other as best we can. ARTIC! You have been here for a while and I haven't had to yell at you yet. Please stop. If not for your sanity then for mine. Lol. We all can't get along at times I know but, I will separate you kids if you don't stop it. Lol
Sounds reasonable to me. We're all here for the same thing; to share our experiences and ideas and to learn from each other.

I'm not picking sides here, but have noticed that for a person living in a populated city with diverse culture toexist is a little thin skinned and quick to react defensively on any different opinion stated here. You would think being around so many people with different views that one would become more tolerant of new views. Either way, being civil and positive is a good trait to have in life.

Yes well in my opinion it seems like every time something is resolved someone has to say something to continue the argument. You can be guilty of this sometimes Brent. Just saying.

How many times does someone need to express their dislike/hostility towards city people. It becomes more than an opinion when it's being repeated constantly...at every opportunity.

Also if you're "liking" an insulting comment...you're actively taking part in the argument by endorsing a side...and thus perpetuating it. As a city fellar I'm the minority here so whenever there is a debate I'm responding to multiple people all at once.

From now on I'll just forward examples to moderator till it stops.

Last edited:
Yes well in my opinion it seems like every time something is resolved someone has to say something to continue the argument. You can be guilty of this sometimes Brent. Just saying.

How many times does someone need to express their dislike/hostility towards city people. It becomes more than an opinion when it's being repeated constantly...at every opportunity.

Also if you're "liking" an insulting comment...you're actively taking part in the argument by endorsing a side...and thus perpetuating it. As a city fellar I'm the minority here so whenever there is a debate I'm responding to multiple people all at once.

From now on I'll just forward examples to moderator till it stops.
In case you didn't notice, I have responded with a like on some of your posts as well, when I felt they warranted it. I hear many slanderous comments about being liberal here without throwing a fit. I just choose to ignore them when I don't agree. I don't actually consider myself a liberal or conservative, but look at each issue on its own merits. Like I don't like trump, but that dosent mean I don't like some of his ideas. Even being that liberal puts me in the minority here, so being from a city dosent put you at any more of a disadvantage. Anyways, if you ever want to win anyone over to your viewpoint, being confrontational isn't going to do it. Explaining your ideas in a positive manner has a much better chance.

In case you didn't notice, I have responded with a like on some of your posts as well, when I felt they warranted it. I hear many slanderous comments about being liberal here without throwing a fit. I just choose to ignore them when I don't agree. I don't actually consider myself a liberal or conservative, but look at each issue on its own merits. Like I don't like trump, but that dosent mean I don't like some of his ideas. Even being that liberal puts me in the minority here, so being from a city dosent put you at any more of a disadvantage. Anyways, if you ever want to win anyone over to your viewpoint, being confrontational isn't going to do it. Explaining your ideas in a positive manner has a much better chance.

I can point out multiple examples of members making insulting statements that go far beyond the opinion/casual humor level.

Seriously I think it's safe to say that 90% of the"active" members here live in rural communities or much smaller cities.

Some feel the need to constantly express their dislike of city people. A few take it a step further and express hostility.

I feel like there is this us vs them presence that has to constantly let itself be known.

This forum is around like what...5 years old and there are only a half a dozen long term "regular" every day posters here.

There appears to be a high drop off rate.

One factor could be age. Probably more than half the members here are my parents age or older. Nothing wrong with this obviously. This just might explain the tendency for people to have to have the last word.

It just seems like every time I think things are resolved...someone has to escalate things again.

Oh well I think we all agree there isnt much reason to prolong this.

I got a call from the commander from recruiting command this afternoon. Long story short it was a mistake and it is F'd up. He is going to set up rules/bounderies what advertisement can be next to and its location. Really pissed that no one answered my initial contact from the recruiting website. Some other stuff the way it was worded gave me the impression the governors office had contacted him and he was caught blindsided and none of his subordinates warned him what was going on.

He sounded like a pretty good guy talking to him. We made small talk for a couple of minutes. He said the billboard will be fixed or removed within the week. Like I told him the sick sense of humor I laughed about it for a minute but the old staff sergeant mentality thought it was F'd up. Not so much for regular soldiers but for new young impressionable soldiers and soldiers/veterans wounded in battle. The colonel made a comment not only that but soldiers and families that are deploying or are deployed.

I don't give a flying rats behind about ur area. I doubt where ever it is is very exciting considering that 50% of ur days consists of posting weather updates on an Internet forum which u troll.

Weather is a very important factor to us that rely on the crops we produce not only for us humans but also for the livestock we feed. Our daily lives is dictated by weather events that may impact our winter food inventory. Some depend on grocery stores whereas some depend on what we grow and raise.

I check the weather every chance I get for freezing temps, snow, rain, heavy rains and even thunderstorms that may produce dry lightening strikes that may produce forest fires, it's far more relevant than those the live urban areas.

A side note, weather also impacts the food grocery stores carry ;)

Weather is a very important factor to us that rely on the crops we produce not only for us humans but also for the livestock we feed. Our daily lives is dictated by weather events that may impact our winter food inventory. Some depend on grocery stores whereas some depend on what we grow and raise.

I check the weather every chance I get for freezing temps, snow, rain, heavy rains and even thunderstorms that may produce dry lightening strikes that may produce forest fires, it's far more relevant than those the live urban areas.

A side note, weather also impacts the food grocery stores carry ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back