Helpful Info. What are you doing to prepare for convid-19 Pandemic?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
My group has decided to go into a partial quaretine lockdown. Everyone is bringing there supplies here that's not already on my property. We are only venturing out for important errands or supplies. Everyone is preparing to stay here in place throughout pandemic.

At some point we will implement a complete quarantine except for emergencies and take neccessary protective precautions and decontaminations.

One of us works for a testing Lab and is trying to get test kits.

Will continue to update and provide more details. Questions on prepps are welcome, I will do my best to answer asap.

Rellgar, that is a wise move. We've already started that discussion here but have not pulled the trigger. For anybody that has to 'go out', do you have a decontamination process defined? And what protective gear will they wear while out? And... how will they decontaminate anything they bring back?

Before going out, we will wear N99 RZ sized and fitted face masks and full goggles. We will wear nitrile gloves and light long sleeve shirts and long pants. We will have a can of Lysol and a container of Clorox wipes in vehicle.

When returning we wipe down steering wheel, door handles etc... We spray all packages and our bodies. I have a deck, we then get out of clothes which go into plastic bag, we spray down ourselves with chlorine Dioxide solution from our 2 gallon sprayers, open packages and spray down the products also.

Then we move to another discinefected area, put on clean clothes, then remove masks, goggles and dispose of gloves. We discenfect mask and goggles, also put away products.

We also have full gas masks and a couple of full bio chemical suits.

Why are we doing this? This is not deadly enough to give a shit about. Do you lock down during flu season?
If I was thirty and in good health I would completely agree with you. Also providing I had no older or anyone with health issues at home. I am close to 60 and have a spouse with many health issues and is on drugs that wiped out her immune system. So it is of real concern for us. I am not decontaminating like Religar is but may consider it when the outbreaks are nearby. I am a lot more conscious of wiping things down and am minimizing all travel now. I’m also taking it a lot more seriously. As I’ve posted allready though, I think the hit on the worldwide economy and the medical systems being overwhelmed is going to be worse than the virus itself. That and the effects on older and weaker people.

If I was thirty and in good health I would completely agree with you. Also providing I had no older or anyone with health issues at home. I am close to 60 and have a spouse with many health issues and is on drugs that wiped out her immune system. So it is of real concern for us. I am not decontaminating like Religar is but may consider it when the outbreaks are nearby. I am a lot more conscious of wiping things down and am minimizing all travel now. I’m also taking it a lot more seriously. As I’ve posted allready though, I think the hit on the worldwide economy and the medical systems being overwhelmed is going to be worse than the virus itself. That and the effects on older and weaker people.
This is what I am trying to convince my parents to do. My grandmother lives with them and my two sisters with disabilities. I honestly don't believe we need a total lock-down at this point, but I told my family to go ahead and stock up on sanitizers, lysol wipes, etc. while they are still available in the stores near them, and then to be very conscious about disinfecting everything that comes into the house, and being very careful of touching anything in public and not to touch their face. So far no cases have even been reported in their state, but they need to get into good habits now because it will come close to them and the panic will start, and they may be at risk.

This is what I am trying to convince my parents to do. My grandmother lives with them and my two sisters with disabilities. I honestly don't believe we need a total lock-down at this point, but I told my family to go ahead and stock up on sanitizers, lysol wipes, etc. while they are still available in the stores near them, and then to be very conscious about disinfecting everything that comes into the house, and being very careful of touching anything in public and not to touch their face. So far no cases have even been reported in their state, but they need to get into good habits now because it will come close to them and the panic will start, and they may be at risk.
I made hand sanitizer this morning as I couldn’t find any. At least I had the ingredients on hand. I am prepped better than most and thought I had everything covered, but that was one thing I overlooked. Wish I had gotten that and the wipes earlier. I am allready limiting any non essential travel allready and will probably stop completely when cases show up in my community. I hope your family, and you stay well through this.

I disagree and its realy irrelevant. I'm not wasting any resources, I will be able to use most all of my resources.

The are world renowned virologist and biologist that will disagree with your brother. The research and data is also disagreeing.

Take a look at what's happened and is happening around the world. This will change the world as we know it, regardless of how deadly the virus is.

Please share with us your brothers scientific data. Maybe he knows something the rest of the world doesn't.

Rellgar

Not true. My brother is a microbiologist. He’s working on this right now. It’s not worse than any flu. It’s less deadly. It’s dangerous for the old with lung issues. That’s it. Let’s not waste time and resources chasing shadows.
I hope this turns out to be the case, but based on the current estimates does not seem accurate. Here's a break down of death rates by age for your every day flu and COVID-19. https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3
This isn't a scientific publication but the data they present lines up with what I have been seeing elsewhere.

I hope this turns out to be the case, but based on the current estimates does not seem accurate. Here's a break down of death rates by age for your every day flu and COVID-19. https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3
This isn't a scientific publication but the data they present lines up with what I have been seeing elsewhere.

You can consider the convid19 virus as a pneumonia virus. Over 30 times more deadly and can be reinfected at a faster rate.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

If you want ideas on decontamination, I believe I have an answer that is cheap, portable, simple, and effective.

Please consider the image below:

63092_W4.jpg

This is a 4 gallon backpack sprayer from harbor freight that runs around $20.00.

I have the idea that dry pool shock granules (calcium hypochlorate) can be used to create a 10% bleach/90% water solution (not 10% calcium hypochlorate and 90% water). By this, I mean that you should make a solution of pool shock and water that aproximates bleach, and then use 10% of this and 90% water.

PowPowNew-LPM.jpg

This disinfectant can be loaded into the backpack sprayer, and this is then used to lightly mist the appropriate surfaces.

A 10% bleach and 90% water solution kills almost everything.* We routinely used it in EMS to disinfect after hepatitis B, AIDS, and salmonella patients (actually all patients), and the results were very good.

This 10% bleach solution is harsh enough to kill almost anything, yet gentle enough so that it didn't destroy equipment . . . although I think this stuff could badly damage leather boots.

I found a 50 lb. bucket for $179.00.

50 lbs. could last for maybe 5 years, depending upon how wasteful you are.

-----------------------------------

* I am unsure how effective this solution would be against large parasites and their eggs. I don't think this concentration of bleach would kill tapeworm eggs, pinworm eggs, clothing lice, scabies, ticks, or the larvae of hookworms, but I could be wrong.

Rellgar

Not true. My brother is a microbiologist. He’s working on this right now. It’s not worse than any flu. It’s less deadly. It’s dangerous for the old with lung issues. That’s it. Let’s not waste time and resources chasing shadows.
Agree with you mostly.

I do believe that the panic and discomfort of this situation could be more dangerous than the virus itself.

Latest posts

Back