Welfare High Life....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not do nothing about this,so why worry about something I can do nothing about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and that link requires you to click though about 18 pages to see the whole story,,,this is to gain page views for their site I don't know if they just want the high numbers or are paid by the number of page views,either way this type of practice always make me suspect of the validity of the story

The story is fairly valid, their are many states that pay more being on welfare than if one is working for a wage. Each page click through on the link is explaining each of the states that pay better being on welfare.

This State, the double edge sword.
In king county people wanted higher wages and the got it, $15 dollars an hour, problem now is these same workers that got the higher wages asked the employer to cut their hours because they lost food stamps and now they are seeing higher rent prices, these people thought they would get higher wages and welfare

Drt4lfe,

This is a good point. I remember a year or two ago, some woman called into a radio station. She said it was our fault why she stayed on welfare. Your article says in most states a person can make more money milking the system than working a $13/hr full time job. Look at that woman's options: 1) stay home & watch Oprah, fill out a little paperwork & get $30k in 'free money' a year. 2) Work 40 hrs/wk making $20k/yr. The woman on the radio walked through the dozen programs that keep her "living the high life".

I don't blame HER. The 'system' made her. I just want to turn off the pump going from my wallet to her fat butt.

I know my comment on another thread is a 'pipe dream'. But there are many steps between here & there that can completely change things. When welfare people get hungry then you'll be surprised how many will be willing to get a job. And those that won't will turn to crime and that will resolve itself (in another way) over time.

No matter what the minimum wage rate is you are still getting minnimum wage and everything in the economy will adjust and innthe end they are still MAKING MINIMUM WAGE! its that simple, the minimum wage amount means nothing. Its a political tool to get votes.

No matter what the minimum wage rate is you are still getting minnimum wage and everything in the economy will adjust and innthe end they are still MAKING MINIMUM WAGE! its that simple, the minimum wage amount means nothing. Its a political tool to get votes.
you are over looking the fact that most minimum wage workers have no insurance ,,,on welfare they get it for free.............that is a heck of a perk

The story is fairly valid, their are many states that pay more being on welfare than if one is working for a wage. Each page click through on the link is explaining each of the states that pay better being on welfare.

This State, the double edge sword.
In king county people wanted higher wages and the got it, $15 dollars an hour, problem now is these same workers that got the higher wages asked the employer to cut their hours because they lost food stamps and now they are seeing higher rent prices, these people thought they would get higher wages and welfare
you can play the system you can work less and still have most if not all the perks of welfare,,,is that fair to the rest of us,,,not really but that is the way it is

you can play the system you can work less and still have most if not all the perks of welfare,,,is that fair to the rest of us,,,not really but that is the way it is

Let me grumble... how many are even worse: they work under the table making good money (legal or illegal jobs) and still rake in all the welfare.

Let me grumble... how many are even worse: they work under the table making good money (legal or illegal jobs) and still rake in all the welfare.
grumbling is allowed,,,,I have a few things that I grumble about myself,,,of course mine have to remain in private and can not be done on social media, many would call it racist

Slightly off topic, but I thought it was funny

This example shows the importance of accuracy in your tax return. The IRS sent back a tax return to a man in New York City, implying he answered one of the questions incorrectly.

Accordingly, in response to the IRS' question, "Do you have anyone dependent on you?"

The man wrote: "7.1 million illegal immigrants, 1.1 million crack-heads, 4.4 million unemployable scroungers, 80,000 criminals in over 85 prisons, at least 450 idiots in Congress, and a group that call themselves politicians."

The IRS stated his response was unacceptable.

The man's wrote back to the IRS.......................... "Who did I leave out?"

1690420022249.png

Latest posts

Back