Green New Deal (is not about climate change)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I lately have seen an german tv report of an destruction of an windpark. The wind turbines still was working perfectly, the only reason why they break them down says all about the "green deal" and "saving climate":

The german government dosn't longer support (means pay) the wind turbines and the investors anymore So they decided to destroy them.

Yes, it's all about $$$

The state subsidies only last for 10 years, and on the day these 10 years are up, every wind turbine is demolished and replaced with a new one.

Without subsidies, wind power is a loss-making business, a 100% loss-making business and the whole thing about wind energy is lies and deception.

I hate to repeat myself, but is seems in place.
I once reported about how much it costs to build a single wind generator.
The amount of electricity to produce the steel for the generator, the copper for the wires, the fiberglass for the blades, the steel in the blades, the steel in the foundation, the amount of concrete needed for the foundation, the amount of diesel to transport all these thousands of tons of steel, concrete, fiberglass, copper, parts, the cost of the crane to build the windmill, the costs of the building in manpower hours, the costs of repairs, service, spareparts and all the insurances if something goes wrong....................
This single windmill will NEVER PRODUCE THE ENERGY THAT WAS DESTROYED just to build the damn thing....

I go back and forth on it.
A very liberal employee was riding with me one day complaining complaining about them on the hilltops. I pointed out that all those forests surrounding them were bare hills in the 1930’s “would you rather have all the wood putting out the smoke? He got my point because he would have complained even more.
I watched a video recently on a turbine recycling plant, 3 step process on getting then down to fibers that went to reinforce concrete.
I do think there is a time and place for them. A Cost/Benefit balance must struck
I do have issue when they try to restrict my electric usage and I go through a cattle country pass that there is a wind farrm, where the ones to the north are shut down, but the ones to the south are running.

Latest posts

Back