So much information it's insane for each of us to try to keep up.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think you have to start with Yourself, Depending on what type of disaster has occurred, Do I Stay put? Do I go? Each scenario has its pros and cons,
I personally am on a limited budget for prepping but we all got to start somewhere, its amazing just how quickly you gather things that will be of some help to you.

But, most importantly, you chose to come here and be part of our family, we are here to help and advise .

Everyone is on a budget Mike....almost. but those that aren't will be sooner or later. But I think having a small budget and making do with it is practicing prepping. The general idea is to take what is available and not only survive ,but prosper because of your creativity and resourcefullness. You are prepared when your mind sees things the world doesn't think is useful but you can turn it into an asset.

When you are prepping on a tight budget you tend to prep with what you know is tried and true. You don't blow money on the latest geegaws and gadgets. Your lifeboat may not have all the bells and whistles that others' might, but it's going to stay afloat in the coming storm.

All joking aside, prepping is an on going thing, unless you are super rich and can afford to go out and buy everything you need to survive any type of disaster, you will be like the majority of us here on the forum working on a shoestring budget, buying a bit at a time. we have to prioritise, what do I need, more than, ohh I would like that

If I may suggest we get Clyde to start a tab or a link page. In this area it can have the "Essentials List" for topic menu. Under this menu have sub-catagories: BOBS, Water, Food, Shelter, Defense, etc... The best of the best thread info can go there or not even make it a thread. Have info added as a where to start guide. Thoughts............?

If I may suggest we get Clyde to start a tab or a link page. In this area it can have the "Essentials List" for topic menu. Under this menu have sub-catagories: BOBS, Water, Food, Shelter, Defense, etc... The best of the best thread info can go there or not even make it a thread. Have info added as a where to start guide. Thoughts............?

Yep you nailed it. Put the thread right at the top. First question Is always, what do I buy ?

next quieston is.. OH S@%* what i have i gotton my self into after buying x amount of stuff..lol

Personally I think the answer to 'What do I buy?' should be not a thing until you've sat down and decided what you are wanting to do and not act like a chicken with it's head cut off. Doing that you end up with a whole bunch of little things and not all that you need to save your butt when the most likely thing hits. As an example, you have someone who preps for earthquakes and they live in Iowa, yeah, New Madrid is going to shake some things up, but a tornado is more likely.

I make the motion that Old Anorak make the request from Clyde to start the "Essential Topics" list. Since Old Anorak is a moderator, Top Poster and VIP Elite there is more clout to make our arguement. Any one second the motion??

Okay, just checking, I didn't want people to think I'm anything better than what I am. Did that make sense? Heck if I know, I've yet to go to sleep.

I'll talk to Clyde about it, I don't know how much of a hassle it is to add new sections onto the forum.

To the contrary, I actually meant it as a complement. Really, how could Clyde say no to you! That aint no bsflag

And thank you Trapper, you definitely know your business and I've learned some things from you and I'm sure others have as well. So thank you again and I'm glad you joined the forum.

Latest posts

Back