Situational awareness aide memoir

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Aide memoir for our newer members.

Situational Awareness When Going Out.
You need to become much more situationally aware before you go venturing outdoors to the shops, work, school, visiting family etc. You must check your local news traffic and crime warnings before going anywhere, EVERYTIME..... Don't JUST anything.

Never drive (walk) into anywhere without ensuring you have at least TWO ways out.

Never let your fuel tank go under half , preferably 3/4 during a crisis

Keep Vehicle doors locked.

AND the I.C.E in your car is for listening to local news, traffic news etc during a crisis, not bloody music.

Keep Shades, Hat, Gloves, Mask, Wipes, Flat shoes, easily to hand in vehicle. No bags or valuables on show in vehicle.

Never try to drive through any sort of crowd gathering, even slowly.

When you park up,do so ONLY in brightly lit areas and ALWAYS park so you can drive FORWARDS to get out.

Never park nose first into a blind parking bay.

STOP, LOOK, LISTEN is it safe to proceed?

Never ENTER or LEAVE a shop or building without looking in /out to see if its safe.

Never sit NEAR the window or with your back to the window / door in a cafe, diner / bar etc

NOTE where the fire escapes and emergency exits are.

Go armed, your PDW goes ON YOUR PERSON not in a bag.(as should your Wallet/Purse/Bill-fold & Car Keys)

Keep your Bag / Purse to your FRONT, and NEVER wear the strap over your head.

(Ladies) if possible no high heels, tight short skirts, exposed valuable jewellery on show

Trust your instincts, chance are if something does not feel right, then it probably is NOT alright.

If you see crowds go some place else or delay trip til another day

Watch the crowds, how are they moving, Purposefully? Aggressively? Fearfully? Are they fleeing or are they attacking ?

Finished shopping? Make sure you or your vehicle is not being followed as you head home

Last edited:
back when I was working for a large construction firm I had to go "up the line" to pick up the payroll.
I was told in no uncertain terms, once i'd collected the payroll from the pick up point.
1. do not stop until you get back to base.
2. lock all the car doors.
3, if someone-other than a Police Officer- attempts to flag you down, Accelerate and DRIVE STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM, do not stop do not slow down.

In my younger days I will admit I was stupid. Got in my car to go to work when a black male opened my driver side car door. . . he was asking me for a ride and I had my keys still in hand. I had a plan of throwing them. Yeah I lived in the city with my hunny hunny who got free rent because he was security for the apartment complex at the time. Just so happened the building manager had come out and started talking with him to intervene. I took off but circled around the building to make sure she was ok. . . he ended up punching her and taking her car. I felt so bad. . . . I was mid 20s at the time.

I worked at a mall at that time too. When going outside to my car, I saw a white male out of the corner of my eye step out of a blind spot (where smokers would go) to follow me so turned around to go back in. . he was later caught up to no good.

I have been very aware of what is going on around me at all times now. I just dont want to be put in a bad position . . . especially now that I am getting older in life.

In my younger days I will admit I was stupid. Got in my car to go to work when a black male opened my driver side car door. . . he was asking me for a ride and I had my keys still in hand. I had a plan of throwing them. Yeah I lived in the city with my hunny hunny who got free rent because he was security for the apartment complex at the time. Just so happened the building manager had come out and started talking with him to intervene. I took off but circled around the building to make sure she was ok. . . he ended up punching her and taking her car. I felt so bad. . . . I was mid 20s at the time.

I worked at a mall at that time too. When going outside to my car, I saw a white male out of the corner of my eye step out of a blind spot (where smokers would go) to follow me so turned around to go back in. . he was later caught up to no good.

I have been very aware of what is going on around me at all times now. I just dont want to be put in a bad position . . . especially now that I am getting older in life.

Danil just made the case for me, I hope everyone else learns.

Latest posts

Back