Seasoning for rice

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, finally got my internet up in Hungary...do not forget, if you can't eat rice straight, throw it into your grinder, make some rice flour with it and add some to your normal flour for baking and pancakes. Get some cattail or goldenrod pollen added into the mixture and the yellow color and added vitamins are great...GP

Hi all, finally got my internet up in Hungary...do not forget, if you can't eat rice straight, throw it into your grinder, make some rice flour with it and add some to your normal flour for baking and pancakes. Get some cattail or goldenrod pollen added into the mixture and the yellow color and added vitamins are great...GP

Gary, I am So happy to see you! Have thought of you on many occasions and wonders how you and the family are doing. How is your new home?

For me, one of the tastiest ways to have white rice it to cook/steam it first, chill in fridge and then stir-fry in a little vegetable oil with chopped green onion in it. Man, I could live on that stuff! Not sure why it's so good........it just is! And since I grow my own green onions in a big pot off other green onion rooted white ends, I have an endless supply from what most people throw away! :)
I cook the same way except I use white or yellow onion with green peppers. It really is good.

Thanks for all the posts everyone. Some very good tips and tricks!

Dirty rice

Looks really good, will try eventually.

Hot peppers grow quickly, have few pests, and require little maintenence and care compared to other food plants.

I don't have land to grow on, but noted for future use.

and mixed with flour

Come to think of it, I guess you can always mix some flour into just about any dish to make it more filling and nutritious! I read that flour is very rich in manganese and selenium. And I do have a cupboard full of flour I don't use...

the tastiest ways to have white rice it to cook/steam it first, chill in fridge and then stir-fry in a little vegetable oil with chopped green onion in it.

Steaming rice? The idea would never have crossed my mind. I'm gonna try that today, with that recipe. Commence experimentation!

Poor Man's Fried Rice,

Wash and rinse rice then let set for 20-30mins to dry.

In a heavy skillet, heat about 2-3 table spoons of veggie oil over medium heat.
Add rice and stir to coat the rice. Cook till the rice is a light brown/tan. Should have a nutty like smell. Add minced garlic and onion and cook till fragrant and soft, two or three minutes stirring often.
Add a quarter cup of soy, and two cups of chicken broth. Stir ONCE (and ONCE only). Cover and let simmer over low heat for 30-35 minutes, stoves vary.
Add cooked chicken/ham/soft cooked scrambled eggs/mushrooms/carrots/bean spouts/etc in the last 5 minutes. Pull from heat, and let rest for another 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions.

Once I had a roommate from Virginia so maybe this is Southern cooking, I don't know. . He had a recipe for breakfast rice: Cook rice, add some butter, add cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar, stir it up in your bowl, add milk. It is actually very good. Nutmeg is the least important and sometimes I omit it.

Once I had a roommate from Virginia so maybe this is Southern cooking, I don't know. . He had a recipe for breakfast rice: Cook rice, add some butter, add cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar, stir it up in your bowl, add milk. It is actually very good. Nutmeg is the least important and sometimes I omit it.
My wife eats this all the time. Anytime I made rice with a meal, it was required to make double the portion so she and the kids could have what she called "cereal". Never quite got into it myself.

Cook rice, add some butter, add cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar, stir it up in your bowl, add milk.
I always added peanut butter to my rice, especially the crunchy with peanut pieces!!!!!
A bowl of rice with a bouillion cube was a short snack sometimes.

Does it look like this? This is a traditional Danish winter/xmas dish. Well, I guess you can eat it all year round, but it's associated with winter/xmas.

risengrød.png
risengrød_2.png

Sugar, milk, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, peanut butter, honey, syrup, bouillion and broths from meat, too many ways to get rice better. All the seasonings should be tried. Curry, tobasco and some hamburger meat...

Like many others rice is a main staple of my lts foods. There's not a whole lot of food that can't be mixed with rice to make it a meal. I actually like it with just a little butter & salt. Any type of meat fried up and mixed with vegetables make for a pretty decent meal as well. Soy sauce, boullion, cheese sauce, etc.

20210209_181045.jpg

Latest posts

Back