A Female prepper speaks out!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And put Rhonda up against the top male fighter, and any bets on who wins?
You said, and I quote: "Men will always win physical battle against women."
Now you are moving the goal posts from men ALWAYS winning against females to Top Male Competitors winning against Top Female Competitors.

Listen to the interview. In a real world scenario, one 150 pound woman beat the crap out of two "tough guys". And that was before Ronda was even in MMA competition.

Last edited:
I am no feminist. Men and women will never have equal opportunities because we are not equal. I will never carry a child. I will never breastfeed. There is no place in this world for a man to wear makeup. Men will always win physical battle against women.

God made men to be men and women to be women. Each perfect for their purpose. You can say we can be different but equal, but that never works (ie segregation). Once you can agree they are different, then you can work toward things being 'fair' which is achievable.
I disagree.

My favorite example is Cynthia Rothrock.

She was an actress and stunt-double in Hollywood for decades, a competitive martial artist, and she holds a few high-ranking black belts in a few different martial arts systems.

Well.....it seems that one day two cretins got it in their heads that they were going to gang rape this woman while she was walking home from her dojo.

She put both of them in the hospital trauma unit. She even took the knife away from one of these idiots, and stabbed him repeatedly.

One of the reporters--when interviewing her afterwards--asked how she felt, she said: "It was really awful. I almost chipped a nail and nearly messed up my hair....."

Another favorite female badass hero of mine was Ludmylia Pavelichenko. I've mentioned her before, as she was a sniper in WWII who got 307 confirmed kills against the Nazis.

Another female badass who deserves honorable mention is Dr. James Barry.

In the 1800s, women weren't allowed to go to medical school and be physicians, so a woman passed herself off as a man for her entire life, graduated medical school, became a renouned military surgeon, and the fact of her transexualism wasn't discovered until after she died when she was autopsied.

She--evidentally--wasn't a lesbian, as Dr. Barry got into several duels to protect his honor over accusations of homosexuality (if you see the irony, as Dr. Barry was a woman, passing as a man, and making romantic gestures toward men, which was interpreted as homosexuality).

Dr. Barry was a crack shot with the dueling pistol, and--after a few close calls--the challenges stopped.

I guess I'm just a liberal in this regard.

I don't make distinctions with regards to gender in my work life, whom I choose to hire for a given task, and so on.

Part of this is my upbringing.

My father (RIP) was a very talented man who knew how to make money, run a business, work with people, and so on.

But he wasn't mechanically inclined at all. He would hurt himself driving a nail to hang a picture.

It was my mother who taught me how to take apart parts of a car engine, how to tune up a lawnmover, how to wire up an overhead light fixture, how to refill the coolant in an air conditioner, and so on.

And--even though my parents were anti-gun people--she taught me the basics of shooting when we were visiting relatives who had guns.

My mother could shoot skeet like nobody's business, and introduced me to the idea of "aiming small and missing small" when shooting a pistol.

So, I don't believe in gender bias. I try to measure and judge people as individuals.

But that's me.

Between my husband and I, I am the prepper, he is not. However, our lifestyle lends itself to prepping well. He and I both enjoy shooting sports, we both cook, take care of the house, children and animals; so there's no delineated chores for female versus male. He has a job, and I don't so I do tend to keep the house and animals for the most part, but when he's home he is doing a fair share of the work.
I haven't come up against any situation in the forum that made me feel less because I am a female. So perhaps I've been very lucky. But even if I had, I expect that they would learn quickly that. I'm not one to take it sitting down.

Between my husband and I, I am the prepper, he is not. However, our lifestyle lends itself to prepping well. He and I both enjoy shooting sports, we both cook, take care of the house, children and animals; so there's no delineated chores for female versus male. He has a job, and I don't so I do tend to keep the house and animals for the most part, but when he's home he is doing a fair share of the work.
I haven't come up against any situation in the forum that made me feel less because I am a female. So perhaps I've been very lucky. But even if I had, I expect that they would learn quickly that. I'm not one to take it sitting down.
Good for you.

On the other hand, it may be a good idea (in certian circumstsnces) to act "girly" and "feminine" post SHTF.

This way, your opponents may--falling prey to their own sexism--underestimate you, and give you an opportunity to attack when they let their guard down.

Good news: we are there. When you balance things out: same experience, same degrees, sames years at the company, same region, etc: men and women get the same pay.

Recent studies show that when averaged, women make more. I can't quote the source, but it was during the HRC "Glass Ceiling" part of her campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you.

On the other hand, it may be a good idea (in certian circumstsnces) to act "girly" and "feminine" post SHTF.

This way, your opponents may--falling prey to their own sexism--underestimate you, and give you an opportunity to attack when they let their guard down.
Definitely use your femininity to keep them off guard. So often the bad guys hold the idea that women are helpless creatures so they will be easy to take advantage of. But once they try you can spring your trap. It's worked throughout history. There's a story in the Bible of a woman named Jael who invites an enemy general into her tent, he's exhausted and she offers him something to eat and drink and a place to rest, and then she kills him when he falls asleep. She's always been my hero.

images.jpeg

385e8d49876706877db74aa87da7b9b3.jpeg

Definitely use your femininity to keep them off guard. So often the bad guys hold the idea that women are helpless creatures so they will be easy to take advantage of. But once they try you can spring your trap. It's worked throughout history. There's a story in the Bible of a woman named Jael who invites an enemy general into her tent, he's exhausted and she offers him something to eat and drink and a place to rest, and then she kills him when he falls asleep. She's always been my hero.
I agree.

Cynthia Rothrock and Ludmylia Pavelichenko are mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back