RELY ON TECHNOLOGY, USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT they say

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is affecting major airlines around the world, they can boycott an airline though the problem is most airlines use the same software and IT infrastructure. When Lisa and I do fly anymore it's from here to Salt Lake or Seattle, not a major airline, it's a prop plane similar to the Beechcraft turbo prop.

I won't use public transportation like buses, taxi's and trains and really try to stay away from passenger jets and the whole quagmire at the airports.

We try not to fly at all if possible, bout the only public transport we still use is the train, hoping to go to Milan Italy from UK by train until Bro In law is posted back to the UK. After that we drive our BOV/GHV a converted panel van with 700 mile range, kitchen, toilet, food, supplies, GHBs etc

Yep...more reasons why do everything I can to avoid flying. And not even just because of the technology issues. Mostly I don't like being herded and 'shorn' like a sheep. Poked, prodded, felt up, examined and stripped of anything that they can possibly think of that might be used as a weapon of some sort. Plus the rules seem to be different from one airport to the other. What they were ok with me having at the first place, is suddenly keeping me from being able to get through the gate at the next.

Yep...more reasons why do everything I can to avoid flying. And not even just because of the technology issues. Mostly I don't like being herded and 'shorn' like a sheep. Poked, prodded, felt up, examined and stripped of anything that they can possibly think of that might be used as a weapon of some sort. Plus the rules seem to be different from one airport to the other. What they were ok with me having at the first place, is suddenly keeping me from being able to get through the gate at the next.

Agreed 100% and both of us live in beautiful countries best seen from the ground, I know that time is a major constraint for many but very often with a bit of planning they could go overland than by air for many business and leisure needs.

Sorry, but I'd much rather fly than spend hours driving. And this is from a guy who gets searched at least ONCE during a scheduled flight (because I flew around the Middle East a lot as a kid, I guess...)

If at all possible I drive because I just can't stand to bend over and take it. I even took a business trip to South Texas that took three days by car to get there to avoid flying. But then I had friends and family to stay with on the way.

In January we met our kids for a vacation in Miami Beach, and I think that was the second time I have flown since 9/11. And even though I was prescreened, I STILL got the enhanced screening. I ALWAYS get the enhanced screening.

Hate seeing SSS on my boarding pass, lol. (I think it stands for Special Security Screening, but not sure)...

I was actually supposed to fly INTO NY on 9/11, but the trip got cancelled. Wish I would have printed out the ticket before that...but didn't know days prior. I actually went to the same client months later, and it was eerie to see. At the time, signs for the World Trade Center will still there in the subway, etc.

Hate seeing SSS on my boarding pass, lol. (I think it stands for Special Security Screening, but not sure)...

I was actually supposed to fly INTO NY on 9/11, but the trip got cancelled. Wish I would have printed out the ticket before that...but didn't know days prior. I actually went to the same client months later, and it was eerie to see. At the time, signs for the World Trade Center will still there in the subway, etc.

My father took me with him on a business trip to New York a month and a half prior to 9/11. We drove by the twin towers...though at the time...i didn't really appreciate the significance.

Thinking back...it almost seems surreal.

When my last plane flight back from Afghanistan landed and I got off......that was my last flight....rode a Greyhound Bus to Basic Training in 1979.....never rode one since......my public transportation days are long gone and over...my vehicle or my legs......

Its NOT just just the SAFETY aspect but the Hygiene one they now recirc more air in a plane more than ever to save fuel so often Coughs, colds, flu and other airborne infections get spread right through the plane, THEN the health risks, a couple of years ago a young Brit soldier died of DVT after flying from Vegas to London. I enjoy the journey as much as the destinationI like to see the country, I do of course fully appreciate that most folks have neither the time, funds etc to go overland.

I think I'm very lucky to be able to go by road or High Speed Train to most places, 125 MPH and 140 MPH trains are becoming ever more common in the UK and Europe and they are definitely improving connections between systems. EG I can now get to southern Italy from norhern Britain by train in 14 hours. We now have freight trains coming all the way from south China loaded with 15 ,000 tons trains of goods all the way from China to Europe ( Milan the last one)

What I dont like is the metal detectors on many major rail hubs which means most of my GHB kit has to go in a locked suitcase and not in my EDC rucksack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back