Prepped financial planning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that is exactly why it backfired. Most Americans see the parents as the ones responsible (or irresponsible) Not some policy that Trump inherited FROM OBAMA and just enforced.

All the pictures of children in cages were from the Obama years from what I understand. Typical fake news journalism!
My understanding is the law has been around for a while. It wasn’t enforced until trump wanted to take some kind of action, and figured this was his best/only way. The previous admin did not have these camps. The point I have is it was about 750.00a day to house those kids. Why in the hell wouldn’t they just deport the whole family, together. Yes there is the cost of the airfare but it’s a one time shot and much cheaper than prolonged incarceration. Not to mention that there’s about 500 kids that they still don’t know what to do with now.... I’m still shocked from Melania writing on her jacket, ‘I don’t care do you’. Tasteless. So, agreed illegal immigration is illegal. Kick their butts out immediately, but taking little kids away and locking them up is inhumane.

My understanding is the law has been around for a while. It wasn’t enforced until trump wanted to take some kind of action, and figured this was his best/only way. The previous admin did not have these camps. The point I have is it was about 750.00a day to house those kids. Why in the hell wouldn’t they just deport the whole family, together. Yes there is the cost of the airfare but it’s a one time shot and much cheaper than prolonged incarceration. Not to mention that there’s about 500 kids that they still don’t know what to do with now.... I’m still shocked from Melania writing on her jacket, ‘I don’t care do you’. Tasteless. So, agreed illegal immigration is illegal. Kick their butts out immediately, but taking little kids away and locking them up is inhumane.
They cannot remove them immediately, there's paper work to be done! Red tape!

Some of the photos of the kids were from 2014 so previous admins had the kids in cages.

You are so right @robinjopo ! That picture was going viral but the Obama administration was trying to keep it out of main stream media and apparently it worked cause you really didn't hear anything about it then. 90% of these kids are unaccompanied by an adult. Now that we have Trump, they want to bring it up! These places that the kids get taken too look a check if a lot better than the Bible camp I went to every summer. At least they have a/c.

You are so right @robinjopo ! That picture was going viral but the Obama administration was trying to keep it out of main stream media and apparently it worked cause you really didn't hear anything about it then. 90% of these kids are unaccompanied by an adult. Now that we have Trump, they want to bring it up! These places that the kids get taken too look a check if a lot better than the Bible camp I went to every summer. At least they have a/c.

Yes the Trump centers are nicer. Video games, etc. They shouldn't be here anyway.

That's for sure, it is not primitive camping, they have hot running water, food, plenty to drink and things to do. Bet their parents didn't give them that traveling through the desert of Mexico.

@Brent S Now I could be mistaken but I believe the immigration law is the catch 22 problem. What Obama ended up doing was catch and release because as soon as the adult claimed sanctuary, then a whole different legal battles started but there was a time limit the child could be held (per liberal judges). So you can't deport a child without an adult family member and the family member is claiming asylum. There is /was the Catch 22. The cage pictures were taken during Obama rule and were suppressed, so once again misleading headlines. I do admit I blame the parents for any and all issues the child endures, they made the choice, not the child and not our government. We did not invite them and then change our minds. The parents are criminals and should face the full weight of the law. Do not fly them back home, drop them off back in the last country they came through to get here. I bet if we did that, Mexico would start stopping them at their southern borders, just like us.

@Brent S Now I could be mistaken but I believe the immigration law is the catch 22 problem. What Obama ended up doing was catch and release because as soon as the adult claimed sanctuary, then a whole different legal battles started but there was a time limit the child could be held (per liberal judges). So you can't deport a child without an adult family member and the family member is claiming asylum. There is /was the Catch 22. The cage pictures were taken during Obama rule and were suppressed, so once again misleading headlines. I do admit I blame the parents for any and all issues the child endures, they made the choice, not the child and not our government. We did not invite them and then change our minds. The parents are criminals and should face the full weight of the law. Do not fly them back home, drop them off back in the last country they came through to get here. I bet if we did that, Mexico would start stopping them at their southern borders, just like us.
That’s an interesting idea of dropping them back in Mexico. Then they would just cross again immediately probably... I’m still ok with a free flight back to their capital. Like I said still less than housing them the way we’ve been doing.

That’s an interesting idea of dropping them back in Mexico. Then they would just cross again immediately probably... I’m still ok with a free flight back to their capital. Like I said still less than housing them the way we’ve been doing.

I did a poor job of detailing my concept. Drop them of near the Mexican southern border or even in the middle of Mexico. No food, no money, then see how nice Mexico will be to them. They will get kicked back across the southern border of Mexico so fast your head would spin. Mexico lets them in because Mexico get money from them as they pass through. Remove the money and Mexico would boot them in a heartbeat.

The burden of illegal immigrants is astonishing as far as resources go. I want them out of the country asap and keep them out by whatever means necessary.

If it were managed like a sound retirement plan, then sure it could be fixed. But "sound plan" and "government" don't seem to be a compatible combination.
What really makes me mad is that the government steals from the fund and that is not what it is for.

Latest posts

Back