New to the whole thing - Halifax

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in the upper mid western plains states, we didn't even have air conditioning. I remember when we called 90 degrees a heat wave. Here, we call it spring and having a/c becomes a health issue, kind of like having heat up north.

You said you were new to prepping? What got you motivated?

I grew up in the upper mid western plains states, we didn't even have air conditioning. I remember when we called 90 degrees a heat wave. Here, we call it spring and having a/c becomes a health issue, kind of like heat up north.

You said you were new to prepping? What got you motivated?

New to prepping for sure. I spent a few years with the cadets that sparked interest in survival knowledge. I'm not sure if it's any one thing that has me motivated now. I have people i'm concerned about should the shit hit the fan. Whether its envrionmental, societal etc...
Given the recent supply challenges, I think having some backup knowledge would be helpful

The majority of the people where I live (an amish community) don't have electricity or AC. You learn to change your daily habits with the weather. Pretty much have to, to run a farm and grow food.

You and I seem to have a similar approach...prepping is as much about what is between your ears as it is about the things you have!

Can't always rely on Google.
And to betray my federalist leanings, I can't always trust the government

I'm looking to absorb as much medical knowledge as I can.

Do you have a volunteer fire department near you? Ours did some free first aid certifications as well as holding EMT training classes for anyone interested.

I have a walking repository of knowledge. My dad was a volunteer firefighter Captain.
But, condensing essential your knowledge in one person isn't a smart plan.

I'll take a look. I didn't consider going through them

I was pre-med at one point many moons ago, but, I found them helpful none-the-less.

...and yes, the broader the knowledge base of whatever group you are with, the better!

The problem is that it is electronics dependent and not so much biological. So yes, not easy.

You will see two acronyms a lot here. One is SHTF...which stands for Shit Hits the Fan. The other is TEOTWAWKI. The End Of The World As We Know It.

The first is more of a minor issue, like short term issues that last a month or 6. Crazy times, but the government is still standing. The latter is a real collapse where there is anarchy or totalitarianism.

The problem is that it is electronics dependent and not so much biological. So yes, not easy.

You will see two acronyms a lot here. One is SHTF...which stands for Shit Hits the Fan. The other is TEOTWAWKI. The End Of The World As We Know It.

The first is more of a minor issue, like short term issues that last a month or 6. The latter is a real collapse where there is anarchy.

I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but are pacemakers affected by EMPs?

I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but are pacemakers affected by EMPs?

No one really knows honestly because it depends on the type of EMP which electronics would be affected. Everything that I have read seems to indicate yes.

I take it you have a loved one who has one? My Father-in-law does.

Latest posts

Back