New member and prepper in Texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valoren

Reaction score
Hi all

New member here, been interested in prepping for quite a while but now my wife and I believe it is time to get much more serious about our preparedness. We live in Texas and have a baby daughter.

Our main concern now for where we live is tornados and also (particularly relevant right now) flu/coronavirus pandemics. We plan to bug out eventually but are starting to look for locations. In the mean time our initial plan is to stock up on food and water plus defense.

I live in TX too. Corona is not my main concern, but yes it has been added to the list. Assuming you are in the northern part if main concern is tornadoes? Maybe an under ground shelter is your answer? It is only wishful thinking in my part.

I live in TX too. Corona is not my main concern, but yes it has been added to the list. Assuming you are in the northern part if main concern is tornadoes? Maybe an under ground shelter is your answer? It is only wishful thinking in my part.
Underground is not possible here unfortunately due to the clay soil. We are going to get an F5 rated shelter fitted in the garage, seems to be the best option.

I understand clay soil. . . that is what I have. Are you coastal then?I am woreried about hurricanes because of downed trees and power outages, but we now have a house generator. Before it was a generator hooked up to the house that ran our freezers.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Latest posts

Back