My dad once told me something I'll never forget.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
"We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossable! We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!"

Im not sure where he got it from or if its his own creation, I thought it was funny and profound. Anyone else have anything wise or funny that there parents or mentors have said to them.

just remember son,if you drink,booze is only for the wise man how can behave..

My dad was always super critical. He once was all impressed when my buddy ran an assault course in 28 seconds, about 6 targets in the woods, about a 50 yd run, 2 hits on each with a .45 1911, ranges 5 yds to 15 yds. Then I ran it in 18 seconds, and Dad said" Do you have to stop to hit those targets, boy? Can't you hit them on the fly"? Almost 40% faster than what he HAD been impressed with. I told him. "dad, if I got there before i left, you'd say I wasted ammo"

The only advice my dad ever told me was to: "get married by the hour". Of course I never listened to him.

My dad said Marriage licences should have an expiracy date like Dog licences and TV licences :) I told my son "Every young man should get married after all why should they be happy" :)

The last words I ever heard him say to a co worker visiting dad did n the hospital after his strokes when the co worker pointed to me and asked if he knew who I was. . That's my baby girl. Those were the only words he said on that visit. That is something I will never forget.

Latest posts

Back