Looking for VA / WV prepper group.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel8

Reaction score
Hello.
I am planning to move from Maine end of 2020 to either a very rural part of VA, specifically Highland county VA, Bath Coutny VA or possibly Rockbridge county VA and also very interested in Pendleton County WV, Monroe County WV, Greenbriar county WV, Pochahontis county WV. Well if your a map person you get the point. They are pretty much all abutting counties if you were to draw a circle.
SO it would be really great if I could find a group or familiy that is preparing as I will be starting fresh with people there.
We are very well prepared in all ways for our stores and well would be bringing a group size stock of all typical preps with us. Won't say more till we get to know each other.
We are a chirstian familiy of 4. Married couple 39/38. With two boys 16/9.
We have lived off grid down in the woods for 13 years and have many different skills that people just don't have these days.
If you are interested we can go into more details in private. But know this from the start, if your going to be secretive or OPSEc reasons I do understand, but info is two ways. Don't expect me to share and you to say nothing about yourselves please.
I am interested in a group or family that is very serious and actively preparing and even training together.
I am not interested in a group with a bunch of problems or people that are mentally unstable or with other major issues.

Maverick,
Well i have a lot of reasons...
Number one reason is that winters here are very long and I'm tired of them. While there is still winter in the mountains where I'm looking it is short and mild.
There is great water sources. Specifically in Highland Co. VA and Pendleton Co. WV there are springs all over with many of the homes hooked up to gravity fed systems. There is a huge amount of cattle and sheep farming with more livestock than people. The population is actually WAY less in these two counties than many areas in Maine especially the farming areas. To access you have to go up a mountain in any direction to get to these areas. The people are extremely friendly unlike people here in Maine. The deer population is extreme. Maine only has a deer population of 275k which is only 1 deer per 4 people.
The mountainous areas make it very easy to hide away and defend.
My number one hesitation really is leaving my business, but TBH I am looking forward to a life change and the majority of my workload will be finished by end of next year according to the corporate companies that I work for. For now work is booming but will be coming to an end. So looking for a life change and I think that the said location is one of the number one most strategic locations that I have been able to find. If your a map enthusiast check em out.

Let me suggest another location. Look at the Ozarks in Missouri/Arkansas. Much further from large population toilets. Very inexpensive, I've looked at 100 acre tracts for under $1500/acre with everything you'd want from ponds to springs to woods to flatlands. And plenty of preppers in the region.

Yes, the Ozarks are less expensive. Easier to access though and poorer water quality with few springs. Summers are a lot hotter and winters are similar.
If it weren't for the cartels using the area heavily resulting in some of the highest violent crimes in the country ppd then we would more strongly consider it.
I have looked it over very hard and settled on said above. Thanks!
Now just need to find my retreat and meet some like minded folks.

Latest posts

Back