Lidocaine hcl reagent

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have no idea on the above question . However I do have some lidocaine in my emergency kit along with surgical needles in case of injuries after SHTF and outside medical help is not an option .

No. Not as is. Oral anesthetics are usually weak saline solutions (like around 2.5mg/ml and contain a small amount of epinephrine as a vasoconstrictor so the anesthetic will stay where you inject it. Using reagent grade for tooth extractions might be what puts a tag on your toe.

Even with the dilute stuff, you don't ingest it, accidentally hit a vein, or use it excessively (reagent grade = very excessively lol). A couple of the metabolites are poisonous I believe and I thought some people have even died from using too much if it. You might wanna look that up if it is your only pain medicine.

No. Not as is. Oral anesthetics are usually weak saline solutions (like around 2.5mg/ml and contain a small amount of epinephrine as a vasoconstrictor so the anesthetic will stay where you inject it. Using reagent grade for tooth extractions might be what puts a tag on your toe.

Even with the dilute stuff, you don't ingest it, accidentally hit a vein, or use it excessively (reagent grade = very excessively lol). A couple of the metabolites are poisonous I believe and I thought some people have even died from using too much if it. You might wanna look that up if it is your only pain medicine.
I have looked it up but hardly nothing comes back about it

You should also research the nerve locations as the local doesn't always go right at the tooth. The lower jaw, for example, has a little hole the nerves come out of called the mental foramen. This is where the nerves exit the jaw bone and go to the front lower teeth. Numbing these front lowers is usually best done at the mental foramen. There are special spots all over that you need to be familiar with to be effective with your anesthesia otherwise you will find yourself using way too much of it.

Latest posts

Back