Lefty Seattle bans cops from using CS gas against rioters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Henley:

I think you might appreciate a point that I have to make about all this.

You know how some novels and other works of fiction can seem strangely prophetic?

Have you ever read the 1970 novel I Will Fear No Evil by Robert Heinlein?

So much in that book seems to mirror things that are happening now . . . including people changing their gender, rioting, the public supported by an ever-shrinking pool of productive working people, communual stupidity (including the headlines that we see in the news), and so on.

Heinlein even got time frame and dates roughly correct.

One of my favorite authors. Forget which book but main Character "Friday" could not use her money card (credit / debit card) because the people after her could track her if she used it. The strange point, credit and debit cards did not exist when Heinlein wrote the story.

One of my favorite authors. Forget which book but main Character "Friday" could not use her money card (credit / debit card) because the people after her could track her if she used it. The strange point, credit and debit cards did not exist when Heinlein wrote the story.
The name of the novel was Friday, and it was one of my favorites.

No, I have not. I'll check it out, thanks.
There was a "mini fad" at the begining of the COVID19 epidemic that was started by a young woman licking toilet seats, if you'll remember?*

In this book, Heinlein mentions a dirt-eating fad in passing.

And all the controversy now about transgendered people? This novel was about a man who had has brain transplanted into the brain-dead body of a young woman.
--------------------------
* I actually tried to forget this because I was totally grossed out . . . but you can't really "unsee" certian things.

At one point in time, I had every book written by Heinlein. Also had the full collection of Louis L'Amour. Hit hard times one time and had to sell off everything, including my book collections. Loved those two authors. Great reading.

Sorry UP, but you've been fed a bunch of BS...
Friday was published in 1982.
I had a check card in the 1970s.
ATMs were patented in 1964.
BankAmericard (Visa) and American Express came out in 1958.

Last edited:
Sorry UP, but you've been fed a bunch of BS...
Friday was published in 1982.
I had a check card in the 1970s.
ATMs were patented in 1964.
BankAmericard (Visa) and American Express came out in 1958.

Well darn, when I read it, I did not know about credit cards. I guess I was a bit out of the loop.

At one point in time, I had every book written by Heinlein. Also had the full collection of Louis L'Amour. Hit hard times one time and had to sell off everything, including my book collections. Loved those two authors. Great reading.
There was a great novel by Louis L'Amour, and I don't remember the name.

It was about a Native American fighter pilot who was forced to land in the Soviet Union, and he escaped and had to resort to his Native American survival skills to fight his way across Siberia . . . dodging a Yakut tracker that the KGB assigned to capture him. The book was interesting, as the story made it a point to show how civilization gradually peeled off of him like the layers of an onion . . . until he had become the same as his ancestors.

I wish I could remember the name of this novel.

There was a great novel by Louis L'Amour, and I don't remember the name.

It was about a Native American fighter pilot who was forced to land in the Soviet Union, and he escaped and had to resort to his Native American survival skills to fight his way across Siberia . . . dodging a Yakut tracker that the KGB assigned to capture him. The book was interesting, as the story made it a point to show how civilization gradually peeled off of him like the layers of an onion . . . until he had become the same as his ancestors.

I wish I could remember the name of this novel.

I remember and loved that story too. Like you the title escapes me. C,mom, folks hep out here.

I looked it up online. It's called Last of the Breed, and was published in 1986.

A very good read, and it is of interest to anyone who thinks about prepping.

Thanks Kevin. I am getting old and too many great books / stories have passed through my hands. Star Ship Troopers was another good read but the movie screwed it up big time.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. I am getting old and too many great books / stories have passed through my hands. Star Ship Troopers was another good read but the movie screwed it up big time.
I agree with you on both points.

I always go to the movies when a favorite book gets made into one, and usually find myself disappointed.

I find this to be particularly true of movies made from Stephen King's books.

I always go to the movies when a favorite book gets made into one, and usually find myself disappointed.

What Tom Cruise did to Jack Reacher was a crime! LOL I can't believe James Grant (Lee Child) let him play Reacher. Even the name "Reacher" is a reference to his height. My daughter is taller than Tom Cruise, LOL.

He finally came to his senses...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2...-jack-reacher-franchise-short-says-lee-child/

"I really enjoyed working with Cruise. He's a really, really nice guy. We had a lot of fun," Child said. "But ultimately the readers are right. The size of Reacher is really, really important and it's a big component of who he is.

"The idea is that when Reacher walks into a room, you're all a little nervous just for that first minute," he continued. "And Cruise, for all his talent, didn't have that physicality. So what I've decided to do is – there won't be any more movies with Tom Cruise. Instead we're going to take it to Netflix or something like that. Long form streaming television, with a completely new actor.

"And I want all those readers who were upset about Tom Cruise to help me out – participate in choosing the right actor for the TV series. We're rebooting and starting over and we're going to try and find the perfect guy."​

Latest posts

Back