Lefty Seattle bans cops from using CS gas against rioters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the double-bind.

I believe in pepper gas, CS gas, tear gas, and tasers.

They may be unpleasant, but such things save peoples' lives in situations where they're an alternative to bullets. These things also protect innocent bystanders from stray gunshots if--by using them--it's an alternative to gunfire.

Yet I can see how the coughing and spitting from tear gas may spread COVID 19 . . . especially when people are packed close together and demonstrating.

I wouldn't want to be the person in charge who has to make these types of decisions.

SIASD . If they want to riot, then they can take their chances with the China virus and the tear gas.
I have no patience with rioting.

I make a distinction between rioting, looting, and demonstrating.

Peaceful demonstration is a Constitutional right that is just as sacred as the 2nd Amendment, and just as American. Someone is not less of an American because they demonstrate peacefully.

As for looters?

That's why we have the 2nd Amendment.

I have no patience with rioting.

I make a distinction between rioting, looting, and demonstrating.

Peaceful demonstration is a Constitutional right that is just as sacred as the 2nd Amendment, and just as American. Someone is not less of an American because they demonstrate peacefully.

As for looters?

That's why we have the 2nd Amendment.

Peaceful demonstrators don't get hit by tear gas. Rioters and looters get the tear gas.

I'm fine with that, as long as innocent people don't get injured, or sick with COVID.

If they think it is worth risking their lives and getting infected with the China virus, that is their call. Law enforcement should not be harassed or limited in properly doing their duty. This is not the 1960's (I was there) and minorities are not victims anymore. If they wish to be slaves of the democrats, that is again their choice. They have all the freedom of any white person and all the same responsibilities to respect the law. Everybody makes their choices and then is going to be responsible for those choices. I have been arrested twice and tossed into jail. Not once did I try and prove my manhood by giving the cops any lip service. SIASD. Good cops - bad cops --- no matter, they carry the badge and a gun. Mind your manners and talk to a lawyer. Smartest way to deal with a injustice.

If they think it is worth risking their lives and getting infected with the China virus, that is their call. Law enforcement should not be harassed or limited in properly doing their duty. This is not the 1960's (I was there) and minorities are not victims anymore. If they wish to be slaves of the democrats, that is again their choice. They have all the freedom of any white person and all the same responsibilities to respect the law. Everybody makes their choices and then is going to be responsible for those choices. I have been arrested twice and tossed into jail. Not once did I try and prove my manhood by giving the cops any lip service. SIASD. Good cops - bad cops --- no matter, they carry the badge and a gun. Mind your manners and talk to a lawyer. Smartest way to deal with a injustice.
I don't disagree with you.

I just said that it was a double-bind (ie: "Damned if you do and damned if you don't"), that I see both sides of the issue, and that I wouldn't want to be the person in charge who has to make the decisions.

No matter which way it turns out, it seems like the person in charge would be stepping in kah-kah in one way or another. A no-win situation.

Anyone remember the SNL skit "The Bubble", from when Trump had just won?

There is a line in there, they can't get any police or firemen to join them. That will be happening in the majority of big cities soon. No cops. Well, no 'good' cops. Good luck with that.

I don't disagree with you.

I just said that it was a double-bind (ie: "Damned if you do and damned if you don't"), that I see both sides of the issue, and that I wouldn't want to be the person in charge who has to make the decisions.

No matter which way it turns out, it seems like the person in charge would be stepping in kah-kah in one way or another. A no-win situation.

The choice is simple. Support the police. Allow them to do their jobs. If they over step the LAW, then enforce the law on them. Not complicated at all. Politicians have no ethics or back bones. If you are going to allow protests (constitutional right) then they should have lifted any lock down rules too. Open the state and start up the economy. If people want to riot and loot, then they are just criminals on the loose and deserve what ever response is required to halt the process, up to and including shooting them with live ammo. Note: The difference from being a protester and a rioter. First is a protected right. The second is a class of criminal.

Last edited:
I'm fine with that, as long as innocent people don't get injured, or sick with COVID.
Unfortunately some innocent will get hit by tear gas, rubber bullets, etc because they are next to a rioter or looter. They are taking their own chance. And I really don't think many showing up to these protest are concerned over Covid-19 right now. . . . maybe in a couple weeks they will be when they start developing g symptoms. Hopeful the ones causing all the violence will get it. I have no sympathy for those kind of people causing destruction and hurting innocent officers. How many people have to die over one black man's wrongful death? How many billions of dollars is this demonstation going to cost the taxpayers? People were just starting to get back to work and now many can't because their place of employment has been destroyed. Our world is a crazy messed up place.

In situations where you have a large group of people, some peaceful, but others turning violent, there is absolutely no way for the police to only affect the violent ones. Peaceful protests need to RUN the opposite direction when violence takes over!

Simple way to end the riots. Deduct the cost from welfare funds. When those checks start getting smaller due to riots, watch how fast they end.

I was thinking the same. BUT, looks like at least some of the Dem cities are going to take money from the police and give it to the rioters!

NYC who has 320 officers ‍♀️ hurt and in the hospital and Violent Crime UP 94%. Burglary is up 34% in the last month and car theft by 70%! Yet De Loser said he is cutting the police budget. Minneapolis is getting rid of the police ‍♀️ altogether they still say. Bizarre times fellow Preppers. I’d stay BUY MORE AMMO!!

I can see where things might be too dangerous for police ‍♀️ right now, but what about police ♂? :)
Dr. Henley:

I think you might appreciate a point that I have to make about all this.

You know how some novels and other works of fiction can seem strangely prophetic?

Have you ever read the 1970 novel I Will Fear No Evil by Robert Heinlein?

So much in that book seems to mirror things that are happening now . . . including people changing their gender, rioting, the public supported by an ever-shrinking pool of productive working people, communual stupidity (including the headlines that we see in the news), and so on.

Heinlein even got time frame and dates roughly correct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back