Is your neighborhood prepared?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My oldest daughter called me and told me that their neighborhood now has a plan (she said the Marine called it something else) to defend their neighborhood in case of rioters. I guess in their community they have an active Marine, several recently retired military men and a couple of ex police officers. This is not a large neighborhood and frankly I’m impressed as all get out!

Anyway it got me thinking about all of us here. Do you and your neighbors have plans...or whatever they are called? Would you like to share them? Maybe we can learn from each other and be even better prepared...just in case.

Personally I can’t fathom getting attacked here, but as I said before some of our neighbors and us got together and talked about what we would do IF we were.

I’m curious if others are bonding and preparing like my neighborhood and my daughters? Oh, and my one son who lives in another state has a farm and has already gotten all the men together on his country road and they’ve discussed actions to take should it come to it.

I’ve never witnessed such bonding together for protection in my lifetime! Have any of you?

I have a plan for my neighborhood that my group that will be coming here knows, when events degrade to a certain level. My neighbors dont know what my plan is, even though they are very much a part of it.

I have been reconning and knowing who all the neighbors and who many of the people in my area are and there mindsets, resources and skills are. When the time comes I plan to integrate them into our network and provide them with options on working together. I will provide them with organization and planning. I'm hoping to offer guidance and leadership as well. If things get really bad, I believe whoever is still here and sticking it out, it's best to network together.

Over the years I've have steered some in my neighborhood to plants gardens, get a well dug, expand a pantry, get livestock, etc... all in the name of preparing for hurricanes and other such events. Everyone's situation will be different, so plan accordingly and be prepared to adapt.

My oldest daughter called me and told me that their neighborhood now has a plan (she said the Marine called it something else) to defend their neighborhood in case of rioters. I guess in their community they have an active Marine, several recently retired military men and a couple of ex police officers. This is not a large neighborhood and frankly I’m impressed as all get out!

Anyway it got me thinking about all of us here. Do you and your neighbors have plans...or whatever they are called? Would you like to share them? Maybe we can learn from each other and be even better prepared...just in case.

Personally I can’t fathom getting attacked here, but as I said before some of our neighbors and us got together and talked about what we would do IF we were.

I’m curious if others are bonding and preparing like my neighborhood and my daughters? Oh, and my one son who lives in another state has a farm and has already gotten all the men together on his country road and they’ve discussed actions to take should it come to it.

I’ve never witnessed such bonding together for protection in my lifetime! Have any of you?

Me a female cop , ex navy dude and prison officer have our street covered. We even take turns to take the kids to school if there are isssues like paedos or attacks in area.

Me a female cop , ex navy dude and prison officer have our street covered. We even take turns to take the kids to school if there are isssues like paedos or attacks in area.

Sounds like a solid group and already sharing responsibilities with the kids makes you a team already. I per see that as an advantage should trouble come your way.

I am not afraid of any riots in my area, but I am getting more aware that when you are speaking out openly against some organizations, you may become a target.
As I am not putting my opinion under the table, and I never will, I am getting ready to defend it to any level.
The sad thing is, we are not allowed to have any fire arms for home protection.
As a person I am not a very easy target, I am pretty big (6.5ft @ 250lbs) with many years of fighting experience, worked as a bouncer back in the days, and very active in the gym.
But I do know, that my appearance will do nothing against a crowd or multiple guys.

Got my new ammo. The .22LR has a little plastic cap on it that holds blue pellets to kill "pests". My brother calls it rat shot, but I think that is old school term.

These rounds have many names, snake loads, rat shot but they are typically sold as Shot Shells. As a heads up. Most semi-auto pistols will not cycle these rounds. They work well in revolvers. My semi-auto pistol will not cycle them but my wife's little semi-auto will. In the larger caliper 357, 41 mag and 44 mag, these rounds are very effective on small critters. Years ago, I sent several snakes to the happy snake playground with my 357 shot shells.

No neighborhood plans. I don't want my neighbors to know if I am armed or prepared. They are on their own. I believe in the old war saying "Loose lips, sinks ships". Groups talk big but usually perform poorly. JM2C
My neighbors don't know anything about my preps and I'm careful to keep it that way. I do have some friends and coworkers in town who are preppers so we have plans.

I prefer to keep a low profile within my neighborhood / community but if someone comes at me with the intention of doing harm to myself or my family then they're going to get opposition equal to or greater than they give I'm deeply disturbed at the depths of depravity certain groups / organizations will stoop to in order to force their opinions on everyone else and in the worst case scenario I plan to escape and evade while utilizing Bushcraft and wilderness survival

Latest posts

Back