Helpful Info. How to Make a Prepper and Find other Preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just watch your back mate ;)

but I haven't either told any one that I prep,my bro has his suspicions but doesn't know,no neighbors no of my "hobby" and I will keep it so.
one of my class mates preps and we've had talks of the subject but neither of us have disclosed who far our "hobby" is or are we for real,it's hard to build trust
in this matter as it very well could be life or death.

I stopped telling people when one of my ex coworkers said "I know where I'm going when shtf". That's when I realized this person, whom has done no work at all, would be more than happy to just come over and freeload. I like the idea of working with other people, not working for them.

I stopped telling people when one of my ex coworkers said "I know where I'm going when shtf". That's when I realized this person, whom has done no work at all, would be more than happy to just come over and freeload. I like the idea of working with other people, not working for them.

that's one reason I declined to take the rescue chief position here at my condominium,have no intention to give my preps to people who don't do anything and are ready and able to recive help served to them on a platter,this incl. my first-aid gear.
as one man once told me;well if anything happens I'll come to you as you must have all the first-aid gear,when you study for it,had to politely say to him,just call the emergency number,they are here for you 24/7,I'm not.

And their we have the real problem perfectly summerised freeloaders and consumers, right across society there are MILLIONS if not Hundreds of millions who will not take responsibility for themselves, they will mock you now but be knocking at your door day one of an incident and shooting at you by day 10.

I believe that OTHERS who are like us, preppers, survivalists, home steaders, off gridders will find each other after TSHTF because we will be LOOKING closely at all who we meet as we struggle to survive. We should only seek out those who can contribute and who prepped in advance, not consumers and freeloaders.

they tend to take this matter more seriously,as this is far beyond of just guns&ammo ;)
though I like that part too,but since I started this journey,I've always had food on those occasions of low cash,and just replenished my preps when I got some.
the feeling when you take a walk with the dog and find edible stuff in the forrest,like berries and mushrooms,pick 'em up,knowing you saved some cash,it's nice.

it would be nice if I had already had the opportunity to prep,not living in the city,but I'll do what I can here,with the resourses I have and plan for the future, this incl. learning as much as I possibly can,connect with likeminded people here,exchange ideas,get new ones.
always try to remember to be alert and mentally prep how to get back home if the need comes to do so.

I stopped telling people when one of my ex coworkers said "I know where I'm going when shtf". That's when I realized this person, whom has done no work at all, would be more than happy to just come over and freeload. I like the idea of working with other people, not working for them

I have a different answer to this.

Them: "I know where I'm going when the SHTF"....

Me: "I'd love to have you, but keep in mind, we will ALL have to work for it, and have a role to play (and since we're the ones who did all the initial work, our say is the word, though we'll value input from others). Some of us will do gardening, some will deal with the animals, some will go raiding abandoned sites for supplies, etc. If you're willing to help do these things, I'm happy to have you. No such thing as a free lunch."

Up to, of course, how much the ranch can absolutely support. People are going to be the key. I think we can supply some reasonable accommodations and a good post SHTF quality of life, IF they are willing to pitch in and do their part.

I realize that I'm in a unique situation among my friends, so while I'm prepping for my family, I try and keep an eye for how this would play out with others as well. (like converting stalls to bedrooms, making the horse trailer a guardhouse post SHTF, etc.)

Latest posts

Back