help, what else do i need for preps?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have two packs, one for each vehicle. Each pack carries 8 water bottles, two lighters, one flint and steel, small box of matches, dryer lint, small first aid kit, I buprofen, two MREs, variety of protein meal replacement bars, compass, glow sticks, emergency blankets, deck of cards and para cord. Our bags aren't "bug out" they are "get home".

While my five year old would blow over in a stiff breeze, my nine year old can handle herself. She's actually eagerly awaiting teotwawki.

We have two packs, one for each vehicle. Each pack carries 8 water bottles, two lighters, one flint and steel, small box of matches, dryer lint, small first aid kit, I buprofen, two MREs, variety of protein meal replacement bars, compass, glow sticks, emergency blankets, deck of cards and para cord. Our bags aren't "bug out" they are "get home".

While my five year old would blow over in a stiff breeze, my nine year old can handle herself. She's actually eagerly awaiting teotwawki.

Have you check out the life straws, if needed you could refill your water bottles at a questionable source and still be rock solid. just a thought. ;)

Have you check out the life straws, if needed you could refill your water bottles at a questionable source and still be rock solid. just a thought. ;)

Colt,
I am sorry, I am sure that you have this information in the site some place but still being kinda "new" can you give more information about what this is and where to get them? Or is this the CLEAN SIP?
Thank you for your time and for having such a wonderful and informative site! :)

Colt,
I am sorry, I am sure that you have this information in the site some place but still being kinda "new" can you give more information about what this is and where to get them? Or is this the CLEAN SIP?
Thank you for your time and for having such a wonderful and informative site! :)

Well this is Clyde's site but I'll take it anyways. Glad to help.... So the life straw is a water filter that is world wide and sent out to people in need so they can have fresh or fresher water. Super simple just use it like you would a straw. I'll find the spec for you. Here's a pic of mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391192081.940566.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391192093.059437.jpg

they have emergency 2 person tents on amazon for a couple bucks a piece made out of mylar. takes up little space.

Light sticks (Phosphorous) have a 75-90% tendency to not function, rather have a small flashlight, battery operated glowstick or a nite-ize light...

Word of advice

Very impressive BOB. I would recommend Vicks vapor rub it has multiple used from helping you sleep to helping with a cold.
Also a bottle of Dr. Tish mouth wash, again multiple used it's very high concentrated helps with tooth aces, bug bites, sore throats all while keeping your breath fresh.

Also you didn't specify much about your AK bit incase you don't have a few I would invest in a small repair kit or make one yourself. (Extra springs and pins, extra bolt, wipeless bore cleaner and gun wipes) I would suggest keeping 2. 100 round magazines loaded in the pack as well

Last edited by a moderator:
If your heading toward the woods a pair of snake boots might be something to think about. If your in the city you might want to think of making a friend in the country. Were you can store supplies two people are better than one. You need one awake 24 /7 to protect your self & your things.

Maybe I missed it. How bout a flash light. I have a box full of these mini CREE's, each in the BOB kit, of course my 45 has one and the M-4 has a combo on my rail.

51VZ3gSciML.jpg

Also I have a Goal Zero Nomad Solar Battery Charging kit with extra batteries in all four of our BOB's. On top of that I have a few packages of non-rechargeable as a redundant. Sorry for the out of focus picture on the Goal Zero, but the product is the size of a IPAD. Not very heavy and I've used them to charge up even my home batteries. I know their are those that plan to slam the solar stuff, but what happens when your old lithium batteries run out of juice in the grid is down.

cm_p166_goal_zero_nomad_guide_combo_1500x1500_1.jpg

I got a solar generator from gear guide that puts out a 100 watts. They also sell panels to recharge 12volt battery with a invert to 110 you can recharge lot of thing plus run those 4 watt bulbs.

The dollar tree or every things a dollar have can goods with three year shelf life. Can corn beef is very good will stay good long a past dates, as will spam , vienna sausage. Sams club has canned chicken white meat five can 9.99 . Medical supply the dollar tree. Plus thing you use as bar soap, T?P. other personal items. If thing by some miracle stay afloat you can eat and replace Items.

Latest posts

Back