Our I.N.C.H bags (content)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ammo is a tough one. It's heavy as hell. If you ever have to resort to just what you can carry then you better shoot sparingly. I am really glad to have consolidated my pistol with the carbine caliber. The problem is I really would not want to not have the 5.56. Do they make a pistol in 223 or 5.56?

For reference;

6 Magpul M3 30rnd mags 9 lbs loaded with SS109 (62gr)

AR is 7 lbs w/Eotec 552.A65 optics (no lights or laser)

Since I am carrying a pack I opted for a single point sling, thus I can carry it around the neck without interference with the pack, since my mags are packed away I use a coupler combining two mags for the initial carry.

IMG_2814.JPG

Why do some in our community carry WAR loads of ammo when in reality they need only one or two mags to help them get outta trouble, the rest of the ammo can be cached at home or around your AOO or in your vehicle. I admit to being baffled by the often confrontation approach to being armed by some folks. Most of us will if lucky have a member of family around to share dealing with an issue but many folks appear to think they are going into battle against the Mongol Hordes.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/cat.../semi-automatic/223-remington-and-556-nato.do

Personally I would go for a 9mm or 40 cal pistol and carbine combo, a 16 inch barrel on a carbine is highly effective, but not a war fighting round. Troops often carry about 250 rounds of 7.62 /308 or 400/500 of 223/ 5.56 if they are determined , fit and looking to fight a battle, they could carry 600 rounds of plus P pistol / carbine ammo if so minded.

Being ex Brit LI I like to travel and carry light so five or six mags of 5.56 was a full load in the knowledge I had fellow troops also carrying similar loads. But as a Civilian I would probably only carry between three or four mags of Carbine ammo ready for use. I would do my damndest to avoid a gun battle against hostiles if I was on my own or only had my son with me. And what sort of Geography do you intend to live in cos if its heavily forested many ammo sizes are wasted in woodland at anything over carbine / shotgun ranges.
<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div id="inner-editor"></div>

27/5000
Сartridges are not redundant.

Вetter sleep with his loaded rifle, and be ready for any development of the situation. The first shooting touch regarded cartridges will be no time. Better to have cartridges to recharge them than not.

Latest posts

Back