Quantcast

Hello

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

kimbob

Jr Member
Reaction score
My name is Kim and I live in Pennsylvania, I'm a newbie at prepping so any help would be appreciated...what other than the obvious camping items should I focus on collecting? I'm and avid camper and love to fish so hopefully that will give me a little advantage when it's time to run..very much looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing ideals

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
My name is Kim and I live in Pennsylvania, I'm a newbie at prepping so any help would be appreciated... what other than the obvious camping items should I focus on collecting? I'm and avid camper and love to fish so hopefully that will give me a little advantage when it's time to run..very much looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing ideals
Hello Kim! Welcome to and thank you for joining Doomsday Prepper Forums!
When I started prepping I tried to decide what I would prepare for. So for me, since I am in California, I decided to focus on earthquakes primarily, and economic collapse second, since this state has taken to recycling crappy governors.

I focused on protective items once I had all of my camping gear up to par. For protection people differ on what they use for a myriad of reasons. For me I favor guns. That being said I also will employ knives if need be.If you choose guns I would encourage a lot of practice, and not just shooting at a paper target. Practice drawing, loading, clearing "jams" (Malfunction drills), loading and unloading, trigger pull/control. We do have a section on firearms too.

Then I focused on food that will last for quite a while since who knows when the "big one" will hit. then is the clothing and some creature comforts.

There is a forums that talks about "Creating A Bug Out Bag" that has a lot of good information.

I hope this helps you get you started. Please feel free to ask all of the questions you want. We are all here to help and support each other.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Welcome Kimbob:
if your a camper, that likes to fish, i would think your close to forestry?
there are youtube videos on how to make all kinds of traps, from a veriety of snares to a veriety of pit falls.
also you may want to practice building shelter.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Kimbob:
if your a camper, that likes to fish, i would think your close to forestry?
there are youtube videos on how to make all kinds of traps, from a veriety of snares to a veriety of pit falls.
also you may want to practice building shelter.
You tube is a wealth of knowledge, but you have to be mindful of the content as I have found some of the people on there don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. For me I will watch several videos on the same topic to get a general consensus on the correct way to due something.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
You tube is a wealth of knowledge, but you have to be mindful of the content as I have found some of the people on there don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. For me I will watch several videos on the same topic to get a general consensus on the correct way to due something.
ya i agree youtube can give some missleading information, however i only pick the ones that have a step by step showing of "how to"

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
ya i agree youtube can give some missleading information, however i only pick the ones that have a step by step showing of "how to"
That is a good way to make sure what you are being shown is actually going to work!

Latest posts