Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ram619

Reaction score
Hello, new member here from Central MA. Not new to prepping, been semi prepping for about 15 years and started taking it a little more seriously a few years back.

I started with a few guns, a bob, and a little extra food. Since then my armament has grown considerably. Not so much because I think I'm ever going to need 50 firearms, I just like owning, shooting, and collecting them. I'm also pretty flush with ammo as I have been stocking up on it for the past 15 years in anticipation.

I have stockpiled probably a little over a years worth of lts food for me and my son who is 8. Mostly the normal long term dried foods as well as a pretty good stock of canned foods and water collection system as well as the ability to filter/purify more than I would ever need.

I don't live in the city but unfortunately I'm not exactly in a remote location. So while ideally I plan to bug in I try to keep as many of my preps as I can mobile in the case of the event that I would have to bug out. I do have a couple locations that I've pre-scouted that would work but I'm also in the process of looking for a piece of land.

As of now I'm basically an army of 1, or 1 1/2 if I count my son. Been on the lookout for local preppers for quite a while without much luck. I've met with a few people but none that seemed like they would bring anything to the table that I can't already do on my own. Any extra guns would be nice, but not at the expense of being a drain on my own resources.

Sorry for the long intro, just trying to get as much info in it as I can. I look forward to learning from some of the more experienced members here and possibly providing useful information to some as well.

Welcome to our group. I would suggest starting a garden, if you havent already. I know in your area it would be limited due to weather, BUT it is essential right now and will help. Learn as you can. It seems to be crunch time right now because I believe we will be seeing a great depression very shortly.

Welcome aboard! You may find reloading ammo an interesting and valuable hobby.

I have pretty much everything needed to reload. I just haven't gotten around to it. To be honest I currently have enough ammo that I really don't have the need to reload. But I agree it is definitely something that could come in very handy.

I have pretty much everything needed to reload. I just haven't gotten around to it. To be honest I currently have enough ammo that I really don't have the need to reload. But I agree it is definitely something that could come in very handy.
Better to load up all you can now. If it goes down, you may not have time later.

Latest posts

Back