Hello

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbob

Reaction score
My name is Kim and I live in Pennsylvania, I'm a newbie at prepping so any help would be appreciated...what other than the obvious camping items should I focus on collecting? I'm and avid camper and love to fish so hopefully that will give me a little advantage when it's time to run..very much looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing ideals

My name is Kim and I live in Pennsylvania, I'm a newbie at prepping so any help would be appreciated... what other than the obvious camping items should I focus on collecting? I'm and avid camper and love to fish so hopefully that will give me a little advantage when it's time to run..very much looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing ideals

Hello Kim! Welcome to and thank you for joining Doomsday Prepper Forums!
When I started prepping I tried to decide what I would prepare for. So for me, since I am in California, I decided to focus on earthquakes primarily, and economic collapse second, since this state has taken to recycling crappy governors.

I focused on protective items once I had all of my camping gear up to par. For protection people differ on what they use for a myriad of reasons. For me I favor guns. That being said I also will employ knives if need be.If you choose guns I would encourage a lot of practice, and not just shooting at a paper target. Practice drawing, loading, clearing "jams" (Malfunction drills), loading and unloading, trigger pull/control. We do have a section on firearms too.

Then I focused on food that will last for quite a while since who knows when the "big one" will hit. then is the clothing and some creature comforts.

There is a forums that talks about "Creating A Bug Out Bag" that has a lot of good information.

I hope this helps you get you started. Please feel free to ask all of the questions you want. We are all here to help and support each other.

Welcome Kimbob:
if your a camper, that likes to fish, i would think your close to forestry?
there are youtube videos on how to make all kinds of traps, from a veriety of snares to a veriety of pit falls.
also you may want to practice building shelter.

Welcome Kimbob:
if your a camper, that likes to fish, i would think your close to forestry?
there are youtube videos on how to make all kinds of traps, from a veriety of snares to a veriety of pit falls.
also you may want to practice building shelter.
You tube is a wealth of knowledge, but you have to be mindful of the content as I have found some of the people on there don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. For me I will watch several videos on the same topic to get a general consensus on the correct way to due something.

You tube is a wealth of knowledge, but you have to be mindful of the content as I have found some of the people on there don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. For me I will watch several videos on the same topic to get a general consensus on the correct way to due something.
ya i agree youtube can give some missleading information, however i only pick the ones that have a step by step showing of "how to"

Latest posts

Back