Government Confiscation of Supplies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aMye2Vw.jpg

Any group of strangers I get saddled with will become fertilizer real quick.

ever read the official FEMA handbooks? >> the one covering the distribution and housing of refugees spells it all out - they have detail plans for the transportation of refugees out of any endangered city by ground, rail and air - covers the establishment of large refugee camps in confiscated public & private building - but also covers dispersing refugees by small groups into small towns >>> not an acceptance by the towns but forced onto them - towns working out their own arrangements - number of refugees per town based on it's regular population ....

saw some of this for Katrina - Houston opened the old AstroDome and regretted it immediately ...

New here and this is the first thread I have read all of.
I picked this topic because of my father who died a few years ago, God rest his soul. In fact, he is the reason I joined, ultimately. He was a super-intelligent, can do anything kind of guy. A pilot, a perfectionist, a "modern" cowboy, and so many other things good and bad.
Im in my 50's, and as a kid and young adult he would tell me stories of things he thought were coming. As I got a little older, I flat thought most of what he had said was just part of his addictions to drugs and alcohol, but I had seen enough in my life to make me start to wonder. He HATED the UN, certain "traitorous democrats", and was loaded for bear.
Several years before he died he bought a piece of property in the mountains out west and carved a road to the top and had a small trailer up there and a couple outbuildings for storing his stuff. The first time I visited the property was a few years before his passing, and he started with the stories as soon as we started talking.
The thing he worried about the most was the gov coming to confiscate his guns/food/water rights, and /or land. Kept telling me "it" was coming.

Now I think of how foolish I was to think he was just sorta radicalized. Ive always been taught to think for myself, handle firearms, dont trust the gov or anything I hear, and above all, use my common sense. He taught me a lot of valuable things, but theres things I didnt ask about, things he said that I shrugged off- things he didnt teach me.
So much that I realize now that the time is coming where im going to need that knowledge.

Nothing would surprise me with the things that have happened over the last 20-30 years alone, and it seems he wasnt so crazy after all. Attempted confiscation of things doesnt seem so far fetched to me anymore. I do agree that it would be tough going for the people making the attempt.

New here and this is the first thread I have read all of.
I picked this topic because of my father who died a few years ago, God rest his soul. In fact, he is the reason I joined, ultimately. He was a super-intelligent, can do anything kind of guy. A pilot, a perfectionist, a "modern" cowboy, and so many other things good and bad.
Im in my 50's, and as a kid and young adult he would tell me stories of things he thought were coming. As I got a little older, I flat thought most of what he had said was just part of his addictions to drugs and alcohol, but I had seen enough in my life to make me start to wonder. He HATED the UN, certain "traitorous democrats", and was loaded for bear.
Several years before he died he bought a piece of property in the mountains out west and carved a road to the top and had a small trailer up there and a couple outbuildings for storing his stuff. The first time I visited the property was a few years before his passing, and he started with the stories as soon as we started talking.
The thing he worried about the most was the gov coming to confiscate his guns/food/water rights, and /or land. Kept telling me "it" was coming.

Now I think of how foolish I was to think he was just sorta radicalized. Ive always been taught to think for myself, handle firearms, dont trust the gov or anything I hear, and above all, use my common sense. He taught me a lot of valuable things, but theres things I didnt ask about, things he said that I shrugged off- things he didnt teach me.
So much that I realize now that the time is coming where im going to need that knowledge.

Nothing would surprise me with the things that have happened over the last 20-30 years alone, and it seems he wasnt so crazy after all. Attempted confiscation of things doesnt seem so far fetched to me anymore. I do agree that it would be tough going for the people making the attempt.

Welcome Penelope. This is a great site filled with valuable information. Your Dad sounds like he was a good man and one who saw the future we have coming.

I'm living in a small city that has just over 1200.so we might not have to worry about the guberment ,but then again.i do see wide to extra wide loads go through town time to time.because of that.the military might decide that it's a primary hub.and move in,and take total control.

Well I don’t know about you folks but I couldn’t look my wife and daughter in the eyes if I simply just let anyone come take 10 years of food an survival preps without and all out fight. we have worked hard to store vegetables grain rise as well as freeze dried food water and ammo to protect it. That is my feelings on that.

On a slightly different tone. In Los Angles, they are turning off the water and power to those that do not comply with the cities mandates.
Just one more reason to become self sufficient. You need to ask yourself how long could resist, without power, sewer or water? The real sad part is there are no legal challenges being made by anybody.

On a slightly different tone. In Los Angles, they are turning off the water and power to those that do not comply with the cities mandates.
Just one more reason to become self sufficient. You need to ask yourself how long could resist, without power, sewer or water? The real sad part is there are no legal challenges being made by anybody.
Here I supply water to town folks about 3 to 4 times a year for about a week at a time, when the towns pumps fail or the pipes get blocked.

I am way out in the boonies and I don't see the buggers making it this far out,,,,but if they do I have plenty of lead to share with them

30+ mpg these days >>>> 300+ miles of cross country travel these days ...

not going to matter where you are - you'll at least get a few coming your way >> the interstates will bind up between their city stretches and spill off the exits onto the state & county roads - them leading to even the eventual gravels to the farms ...

30+ mpg these days >>>> 300+ miles of cross country travel these days ...

not going to matter where you are - you'll at least get a few coming your way >> the interstates will bind up between their city stretches and spill off the exits onto the state & county roads - them leading to even the eventual gravels to the farms ...
if they are foolish enough to stop I will be right here ready and waiting,,,,,,in fact this is one road they would be better off avoiding,,,no one here will take them in

Nobody wants to have any of their property confiscated by anybody, especially the government. The reality of the situation is that while you may be able to repel a few looters or marauders, you will not stand a chance against an armed, organized, military force. To think you are going to engage in a firefight would be suicide.

What do you think will happen to your family after that? You are gone. All of your supplies are gone. Not a scenario I even want to consider.

IMHO it would be better to find a way to appease the Government by giving them something, and hiding the rest for your family.

Latest posts

Back