Goats

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been busy this year, selling off most of the herd and replacing them with registered Kiko goats,, I pick up 6 tomorrow,,, 2 nanny's and 4 kids,,,, this group of 6 are commercial goats no papers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, breed them once and sell them all

Attachments

• 1649369426917.png
    1649369426917.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1649369473414.png
    1649369473414.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1649369499808.png
    1649369499808.png
    187 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have two nubian nannys . My buck died . I am considering purchasing another buck over the next few weeks . I don't want a nubian buck as the last one got too aggressive and wanted to attack me . Are Kiko bucks aggressive ?
the kikos are not bad at all,, but you have to watch any of them especially during breeding season,,,,
I have found that a squirt bottle is very handy goats don't like to be sprayed,,,,,, the Buck I just sold was a Nubian 160 to 180 lbs and he was not mean at all,,, I hated getting rid of him

How old was he when you got your billy?
The nubian buck was about 6 months old when I got him . He was allowed to roam a big area with little human intervention until I bought him . He was wild acting from the day I bought him . He got where he would rear up on his hind legs into a fighting position directed at me quite often . I even hit him in the head with a hammer once when he snuck up behind me as I was doing repair work on the goat pen and butted me . One day I was letting my goats free range and when I got tired of overseeing them clapped my hands as I usually did to signal to the goats it was time to return to the pen . They didn't follow my command so I put a dog to herd them , that I was also training to herd the goats back to their pen . The buck panicked and lost concentration as to where he was standing . He was standing near the edge of a mountain cliff . He accidently stepped off the cliff and fell 300 feet to his death .

Saw today that this last weekend goats were going between $50 (assuming the very young bottle fed) to $550 (and yet assuming again the older ones) at the auction house we normally use. I have a few boys that are in need of going and really soon!! Last older billy I brought got top dollar of $300. I have never seen the price so high and all of the boys I want to bring are older in between 2-8 yrs. I just want to keep a couple and let the others go. They are just too much for my girls. I do love all but need to look out for my heard, but mainly the girls. Need to see if boss lady would be willing to change my off day from Sun to Sat. I have no doubt she would be willing. . . Hunny needs to have an extra hand loading these guys. In fact, it will probably take 3 of us, 2 guys to handle the billy and one to man the trailer doors. I got some very strong boys that weigh around 200lbs and pure muscle! We had to drag one young girl in heat away from a pack of boys this evening. I put her in the milking staunch area to keep her safe.

Latest posts

Back