Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the APEEL Safety Data sheet

1681728894400.png

With this so dangerous in the water, why is this permitted on OUR FOOD?!

Think Apeel in UK sells disinfectant products, which is where your product info is coming from. Evans Vanodine | Home I looked under the techenical Hub and then Safety Data Sheets. There are many products listed and when clicking on, you have to download each individual product which I can tell is from that site.

The Bill Gate's Apeel coating is a different company.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apeel_Sciences
I haven't been able to track down the ingredients used though which, I'm sorry if Bill Gates is involved, I want to stay away from. I would think that those ARE the ones that want to vaxx the unvaxxed. Thank you @GeorgiaPeachie for bringing this to light!

I had seen this on GAB a few days ago and in the comments was Danigirls explaination.
Back in the 60’s, my grandfathers retirement job/excuse to get out of the house was at a fruit stand down the road. We used to sprinkle a Parmesan cheese type wax on the apples going down the polisher. Most grocery store apples (especially from the most NW of the 48 states) have been polished like this for years.
The wax did make the apple more Appealing. Probably extended the shelf life. But it was being done when Bill Gates was in elementary school.

Has anyone been hearing about hay shortages for livestock? Where we are, they haven't happened but we went to some shows over the weekend and apparently in a lot of the US, goat owners have had a lot of trouble getting hay. People were buying moldy stuff for twice the cost as last year's good stuff.

My advice (if anybody wants it) would be to grow as much as you can if you have livestock. Anything extra could probably be sold/traded next winter.

Has anyone been hearing about hay shortages for livestock? Where we are, they haven't happened but we went to some shows over the weekend and apparently in a lot of the US, goat owners have had a lot of trouble getting hay. People were buying moldy stuff for twice the cost as last year's good stuff.

My advice (if anybody wants it) would be to grow as much as you can if you have livestock. Anything extra could probably be sold/traded next winter.

Yes many saw this starting last year. Knew this year would be much worse.

Every drought year we have a shortage and prices almost double then, never come back down. Add to it, the cost of fuel and fertilizer and yes, a lot of people who would normally grow extra to sell on the market, only produce for their needs creating shortages for those who can't grow their own.

Our monthly hay expenditures have doubled in the last two years and is now almost double the mortgage which we were paying on our first home.

This time of year is always a bad time for finding good hay. Most suppliers are down at the bottom of the stack by now, which a lot of times is moldy. Around here we won't be putting up hay until July, assuming it will ever quit snowing. The price of hay is dictated by the cost of fuel, fertilizer, labor, availability and the weather.

This time of year is always a bad time for finding good hay. Most suppliers are down at the bottom of the stack by now, which a lot of times is moldy. Around here we won't be putting up hay until July, assuming it will ever quit snowing. The price of hay is dictated by the cost of fuel, fertilizer, labor, availability and the weather.
We are just about to the second cutting. So if you need good hay, maybe look to the south. During the really bad drought a few years ago, people were hooking up huge tractor trailers, driving north a couple of States, buying and then trucking it back here to sell. It would be gone in a day. Sometimes you have to get a bit creative.

Interesting. We haven't had any shortages that I know of, but we only buy from a couple places so I wouldn't know really. I haven't heard any complaints, though.
We don't really have any food shortages here neither, we got to 90% same stuff as always. Non food looks a bit different, since Covid in 2020 it's not always everything everytime aviable, but you can order and mostly you get it in one or two weeks.
But food gone expensive, increases at least by 20 to 30%. OK, at least everything gone more expensive..

We are just about to the second cutting. So if you need good hay, maybe look to the south. During the really bad drought a few years ago, people were hooking up huge tractor trailers, driving north a couple of States, buying and then trucking it back here to sell. It would be gone in a day. Sometimes you have to get a bit creative.
We're fine on hay here. Several years ago during a hay shortage I had to go to Oregon, Washington and Canada to get hay.

In my department, I keep ordering certain items every day I can and we just get shorted. Some items for weeks now. Colby Jack, Post Oak Gouda, Post Oak Cheddar, Locatelli, Don Juan 6mo, Rondin and Bucheron. Other are just a hit and miss. Today we were shorted Pepper Jack. That has never been an issue and yet here were are. My area has slowed down since I work with the highend cheeses. Seems like people are cutting back to a point. At this point, I could actually do all without the 2 other girls, but since I am having to do some classes, I still need the added help. Some I have to drive an hour away to a BIG city.

On the hay Delima , that is why my prepping plan is factored into not needing hay for survival after SHTF . The way I look at it if hay of much amount is needed then motorized equipment will be needed which = fuel will be needed . A relatively small amount though could be cut and dried then loose stored . But I am supposing the livestock most people have isn't part of the SHTF plan but is for the days we are now in whereas we still have fuel and motorized equipment .

On the hay Delima , that is why my prepping plan is factored into not needing hay for survival after SHTF . The way I look at it if hay of much amount is needed then motorized equipment will be needed which = fuel will be needed . A relatively small amount though could be cut and dried then loose stored . But I am supposing the livestock most people have isn't part of the SHTF plan but is for the days we are now in whereas we still have fuel and motorized equipment .
People put up hay using horses for hundreds of years. Actually it was only fairly recently that it went mechanized. Horse drawn hay equipment is still available. There are still people around that use horses for farming and cutting hay. A lot of old barns still have the gear for loading loose hay in the barn from wagons. Everything is still available.

My sister used FB and other sources to find folks selling their dog cages. Those cages, about 36” wide for the Does and 30” wide for the Bucks are working very well for her. She got some of them for $20 each. I even bought 15 of them from her…in case I need to expand. She puts smaller wire underneath and a little ways up the cages with kits in them. They are working perfectly!

Latest posts

Back